Scirocco R Invasion Down Under

The place to share pictures and impressions of your new arrival or just show off your motor.
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Re: Scirocco R Invasion Down Under

Post by Deacon »

Rev 555 wrote:I have just fitted this cool gauge that measures boost, 0 -100 acceleration times, RPM, Oil and Engine temps all integrated in the car's air vent.

Anymore details of this vent gauge please?
playing in my '86
Rev 555
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Post by Rev 555 »

Timo wrote:Hi there,

First of all you absolutely have a nice R, read your whole build thread and its really amazing. Ordered my R 2 weeks ago here in Belgium and already planning some mods. :)

I know you get this question very often but i want to make sure my wheels will fit! You got 19x9.5 ET35 allround. I'm planning to buy the VMR V710 wheels 19x9.5 ET33, so they will be 2mm further outside then yours. Also planning a lowering with KW coilovers variant 1 or 2 without DCC. The dealer of these wheels in Belgium says they won't fit my car. So I am a little bit scared about that. Do you think they will fit, or do you now someone with these wheels (19x9.5 ET33) on there car? I'm not planning any other suspension upgrades beside the coilovers. I will maybe go for 255 rubber instead of 265.

I have to order the wheels before monday to get them within 6 weeks, otherwise i have to wait another 6 months! :grumpy:
Thank you in advance for the reply.

Grtz, Timo
Hi Timo

They will definitely fit. I am actually running a 3mm spacer at the front now as a precaution as I was running close to the ABS sensor. So essentially i am running a 32 offset and still no issues. If you want to be safe run the 255 tire. The 265 I am running is the widest you can go but it looks really good and makes the rear look fat and improves handling due to the wider track. The 33 offset at the rear will require at least -2.5 negative camber. The VMRs are a good wheel I have had them before.
Rev 555

Post by Rev 555 »

Deacon wrote: Anymore details of this vent gauge please?
Gauge is from p3 cars. It is easy to install and runs off your OBD port. It is not 100% accurate as I have done a few tests but still has a few applications which are fairly accurate and a bit of fun.

http://www.p3cars.com/vw-eos-scirocco/

They are pretty rubbish to deal with so I picked mine up from ebay. PM me if you are interested and I will advise seller details.

Heres a better picture

Timo
In: Indium Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: Vienna Leather, Park Pilot, RNS 315, Bluetooth Kit, Cruise Control, Alarm System 'Plus', Power seat, Dynaudio, MP3/USB

Post by Timo »

Rev 555 wrote:
Timo wrote:Hi there,

First of all you absolutely have a nice R, read your whole build thread and its really amazing. Ordered my R 2 weeks ago here in Belgium and already planning some mods. :)

I know you get this question very often but i want to make sure my wheels will fit! You got 19x9.5 ET35 allround. I'm planning to buy the VMR V710 wheels 19x9.5 ET33, so they will be 2mm further outside then yours. Also planning a lowering with KW coilovers variant 1 or 2 without DCC. The dealer of these wheels in Belgium says they won't fit my car. So I am a little bit scared about that. Do you think they will fit, or do you now someone with these wheels (19x9.5 ET33) on there car? I'm not planning any other suspension upgrades beside the coilovers. I will maybe go for 255 rubber instead of 265.

I have to order the wheels before monday to get them within 6 weeks, otherwise i have to wait another 6 months! :grumpy:
Thank you in advance for the reply.

Grtz, Timo
Hi Timo

They will definitely fit. I am actually running a 3mm spacer at the front now as a precaution as I was running close to the ABS sensor. So essentially i am running a 32 offset and still no issues. If you want to be safe run the 255 tire. The 265 I am running is the widest you can go but it looks really good and makes the rear look fat and improves handling due to the wider track. The 33 offset at the rear will require at least -2.5 negative camber. The VMRs are a good wheel I have had them before.
Thanks for the quick reply! Ordered the wheels today with 255 rubber ;)
Looking forward to see what your next step will be with the car...
Irving
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI

Post by Irving »

Rev 555 wrote:
Irving wrote:Thats a beautiful R inside out! Great work kev. Any issues with 265 rubbers? I'm running 245 on my roc and it rubs slightly..
No I don't rub at all...what offset rims do you have? Are you running camber?
19X8.5 ET35 not running any camber yet. Planning to run camber on front and rear within spec.
Rev 555

Post by Rev 555 »

Irving wrote:
Rev 555 wrote:
Irving wrote:Thats a beautiful R inside out! Great work kev. Any issues with 265 rubbers? I'm running 245 on my roc and it rubs slightly..
No I don't rub at all...what offset rims do you have? Are you running camber?
19X8.5 ET35 not running any camber yet. Planning to run camber on front and rear within spec.
You cant really adjust camber at the front on our cars unfortunately unless you have adjustable ball joints fitted or have camber top coilovers.
Rev 555

Post by Rev 555 »

New water bottle.... :D

ScottLloyd90

Post by ScottLloyd90 »

seen this all over the net nice to finally get my hands on the thread looks the business mate some very cool stuff
Rev 555

Post by Rev 555 »

The new CF bonnet. What do you think? Is it too boy racer?

RisingRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: 2 Zone Air Con, Alloy pedals, Luxury Mats, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Rear Cup Holder, HKB Door Sills, Full LED pack

Post by RisingRoc »

Rev 555 wrote:The new CF bonnet. What do you think? Is it too boy racer?
YES! Take it off and get the old one back on - far slicker. In danger of ruining the best Scirocco I've seen.
BenTheWombRaider
In: Deep Black
Options: AP Coilovers, tinted windows, black vw badges, debadged, LED DRL's and interior lights, Vag-com tweaks

Post by BenTheWombRaider »

I disagree with the dude above me, looks the nuts, makes it look even meaner than before...best looking scirocco about!
RisingRoc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
Options: 2 Zone Air Con, Alloy pedals, Luxury Mats, Chrome Exhaust Tips, Rear Cup Holder, HKB Door Sills, Full LED pack

Post by RisingRoc »

I'm just about ok with the air intake scoop bits, but the lift/catch bits look like tears and the car is crying!
BenTheWombRaider
In: Deep Black
Options: AP Coilovers, tinted windows, black vw badges, debadged, LED DRL's and interior lights, Vag-com tweaks

Post by BenTheWombRaider »

RisingRoc wrote:I'm just about ok with the air intake scoop bits, but the lift/catch bits look like tears and the car is crying!
hahaha i know what you mean :clap:
James321
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

I'm with the guys above, the vents look good, the catches and VW badge should be removed and smoothed over to give a clean and mean look.
RS5, Scirocco R. You can never have enough R's
Rev 555

Post by Rev 555 »

Thanks for your feedback guys. The bonnet is super light so good for track purposes and venting. It is incredibly effective. I actually like it but I also agree with your comments.

This is a front on view.

wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

panel gaps are to big on the cf bonnet, still my favourite rocco though, just pure class
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
whiteDevil_170
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

Yeh I agree not a fan of the bonnet. Apart from that it looks good :yes:
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Rev 555

Post by Rev 555 »

wigit wrote:panel gaps are to big on the cf bonnet, still my favourite rocco though, just pure class
Good observation. It needs to be aligned better too!
Rev 555

Post by Rev 555 »

This was taken last year by one of the national car magazine publications in Aus. I like rolling shots of cars but have never had the chance to do one myself.

BenBAC

Post by BenBAC »

wigit wrote:panel gaps are to big on the cf bonnet, still my favourite rocco though, just pure class
Agree, with wigit, not sure about the catches either.

Still my favourite Scirocco, like the pic above very good.
Last edited by BenBAC on Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.