Everything about the R for potential owners.
montstable
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, 19in alloys, DSG, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors and Sunroof

Post by montstable »

Last edited by montstable on Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Re: Retrofit new ABS module for ESP deactivation?

Post by Chungster »

maybe just get a Quaife/Peloquin/Wavetrac LSD in there instead!
montstable
Options: Leather, 19in alloys, DSG, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors and Sunroof

Post by montstable »

Your reading my mind - that's my next mod! Looking at a Quaife at the moment or VR racing LSD, anyone any experience with these?? Still need to turn off the ESP though to allow full slip/lift-off oversteer in the corners.
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

I'll ask Alex @ AKS Tuning to see if he can do anything about coding out ESP. :)
montstable

Post by montstable »

Legend, cheers for that. Can he fit a LSD as well??
montstable

Post by montstable »

Also some anti-lift engine mounts?
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

he can fit pretty much anything you want!

He can also fabricate stuff too. He's a top chap Alex.

Why don't you email him about the ESP and LSD fitting - akstuning@btinternet.com

:yes:
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

montstable wrote:Also some anti-lift engine mounts?
Do you mean engine mounts or Anti Lift Kits?

He's a SuperPro dealer...and has fitted quite a few sets of SALK (as opposed to WALK from Whiteline) lately.

Also a Vibratechnics dealer so he can supply and fit those too.

Just mention Lee aka Chungster sent you if you email him
montstable

Post by montstable »

Yeah I think I'm confused - I thought the WALK kits were new engine mounts?? Basically need to stop the wheel hop as on wet roads its quite bad, although I do realise being more careful with the right foot does also help.

Also when fitting the new pads, it amazed me how easy it was to move the entire engine when tightening the wheel bolts up using a torque wrench. Is this the primary cause of wheel hop - soft engine/gearbox mounts designed more for comfort?
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

I have fitted all 3 Vibratechnic / VWR engine mounts on mine. Wheel hop non existent but at the expense of increased NVH.

I am considering refitting the OEM mounts to get some comfort back! But that's just me. They are good though and makes the gear change better also. But yeah that's why you get engine movement due to the OEM soft engine mounts. They do soak up more NVH.

WALK / SALK is wishbone mount / bush replacement only. Adds static caster and gives dynamic camber.

So all depends on what you want and sacrifice. No pain no gain as try say!
Tsakonas
With a: Manual box
Options: 19'' rims , Cruise Control aftermarket : tints , alarm ,parking sensors

Post by Tsakonas »

@montstable

Ive done some research on the wheelhop.
How much do you want to spend and how comfortable do you want your car to be?
Solution is replacing "lower engine mount". The more you reduce wheelhop , the more noise vibration harshness you get from your car.

Inexpensive solution:
A polyurethane insert from powerflex (pff85-704p), neuspeed, etc. will cost ~20-30 £but will greatly reduce wheelhop. The harder is the insert, the more nvh you get, and the more you are reducing wheelhop. Average hardness range is 70-80 to 95 (upcoming powerflex black series bushes)

More expensive solution
A complete dogbone upgrade fron BSH/Revo.
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75949" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Costs ~120-130£, much more effective than inserts but is said to eliminate 90% of wheelhop

Most extreme solution
http://www.awesomegti.com/car/vw/sciroc ... -r32-21572" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Transforms the car to an earthquake machine, 100% racing solution
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

VT have Road and Competition spec mounts for the R. I've fitted the Road versions.

http://www.vibra-technics.co.uk/vw/golf ... ento_mkvvi" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:)
montstable

Post by montstable »

Thanks guys, really is appreciated. I've emailed ask tuning for some quotes, just awaiting a reply. Still no luck disabling this dam ESP though. Considering calling VW to ask how much a new ABS module is - I'm guessing not cheap.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Tsakonas wrote:@montstable
Ive done some research on the wheelhop.
How much do you want to spend and how comfortable do you want your car to be?
Solution is replacing "lower engine mount". The more you reduce wheelhop , the more noise vibration harshness you get from your car.
i would not say this is the ideal solution, if your purely upgrade your lower mount you end up wearing then up mounts at a great rate, i ran a VWR lower mount and ended up having to run the top mounts as well as the vibration in the car was just unbearable, the VWR mounts are just VT one

on the Ed35 i went for the full set of Revo mounts (differ from BSH as the inserts have been changed) given lesson learned and not as harsh as the TV ones (all be it that may be due to the build quality of the Golf being better than the Scirocco), i''ve still got a spare subframe with a VWR mount in the garage in case i never liked the Revo ones

other option is THS mounts which are essentially OEM with different inserts
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Tsakonas
Options: 19'' rims , Cruise Control aftermarket : tints , alarm ,parking sensors

Post by Tsakonas »

i would not say this is the ideal solution, if your purely upgrade your lower mount you end up wearing then up mounts at a great rate, i ran a VWR lower mount and ended up having to run the top mounts as well as the vibration in the car was just unbearable, the VWR mounts are just VT one

on the Ed35 i went for the full set of Revo mounts (differ from BSH as the inserts have been changed) given lesson learned and not as harsh as the TV ones (all be it that may be due to the build quality of the Golf being better than the Scirocco), i''ve still got a spare subframe with a VWR mount in the garage in case i never liked the Revo ones

other option is THS mounts which are essentially OEM with different inserts
yes you are right, if the lower engine mount is upgraded, stress on the side mounts is increased, but its the most effective upgrade anyway. What do you mean "VT"??? :? Vibratechnics maybe?

i thought the Revo mounts are the same as BSH, they are both said to be duro 78a (at least the side mounts, dogbone insert is said to be 88a). Please share any additional information about that :) , it is very interesting.
if you are selling the VWR mount, please let me know :)
geordie562002
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Folding Mirrors, Bluetooth, Reverse Sensors, Winter pack Inc Heated Seats, RCD510 With DAB, Reiger Front Bumper With Audi R8 Grill, Reiger Side Skirts, VW OEM rear bumper with Gloss Black Diffuser, Tinted Windows, Custom Leather Trim, Eibach springs , Stage 2 Engine Remap, Recalibrated Traction Control settings, Induction kit, Forge Vacuum Valve, Miltek turbo back Exhaust , VMR 19" Alloys

Post by geordie562002 »

No way of disabling the fake electronic diff on the r unfortunately. Trust me it has been tried by kpm numerous times and deleted but just keeps coming back. The only way to fully d/c it is unplug the abs as this controls it, but you lose your abs. You don't need abs on track though.
montstable

Post by montstable »

That would do the trick. How do you unplug the ABS?
Tsakonas

Post by Tsakonas »

geordie562002 wrote:No way of disabling the fake electronic diff on the r unfortunately. Trust me it has been tried by kpm numerous times and deleted but just keeps coming back. The only way to fully d/c it is unplug the abs as this controls it, but you lose your abs. You don't need abs on track though.
are you sure? I think its possible via VAG com, its 3 way adjustable (0=off 1=medium 2=aggressive)... At least I can confirm a guy in Greece with a Leon MK2 Cupra R (same motor and platform as the scirocco R) , after installing a quaife LSD, adjusted the xds to 1...
gkatsi
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Palladas of www.sciroccoclub.gr
Pla, tyre presure sensor, panroof, interlagos, sport package, rcd 510

Re: Απ: Retrofit new ABS module for ESP deactivation?

Post by gkatsi »

The settings are more like 0=low, 1=medium, 2=hard (I believe so)

You tried change the above settings, or change bits in long coding?

Στάλθηκε από το HTC Desire HD μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk 2
Chungster

Post by Chungster »

Monstable,

Did you get all the information you wanted from Alex @ AKS?

Tempted by any of his ideas ;)