VW u suck!!!

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Basho
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Panoramic Roof, bi-xenon, Dual Climate Control,navigation, Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat, Heated Seats.

VW u suck!!!

Post by Basho »

After seeing the new GTI and how cool it was I am super disappointed with the look of My R

1- The head lights and the tailights are way out of date and vw didn't :grumpy: even bother to upgrade those on the R WTF!!!!
2- The cup holder cover is not even a option, no bother!
3- 4wd is never gonna be installed, this small factory don't even have the technology.
4- after sales the R sucks at least in Dubai where the GTI and Golf R is a complete different Story.

I am actually even thinking to switch it with the 2013 GTI it looks fantastic and with the sports package u can get 220 BHP!

any thoughts??
"Mashallah You got a nice car"
bobsie
In: Candy White

Re: VW u suck!!!

Post by bobsie »

Go for it Brother, U won't regret it.
Basho
Options: Panoramic Roof, bi-xenon, Dual Climate Control,navigation, Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat, Heated Seats.

Post by Basho »

Once it will be available in the showroom ill go and check it out! Seriously the new GTI is great!
thecrofter
In: Rising Blue
Options: Tracker, Recaro Seats, Pano Roof, RNS510, Dynaudio, Cruise, Black Gloss Folding Mirrors

Post by thecrofter »

Basho wrote:Once it will be available in the showroom ill go and check it out! Seriously the new GTI is great!
Surely you knew what you were buying. Your apparent disrespect of VW (or is it just the R?) doesn't square with your view of the GTI. Go buy a Golf and join one of their forums if you feel that way.
2.0 TSi 280 R DSG Rising Blue / April 15 - 11 March 20
2.0 TDi 170 DSG R-Line Indium Grey / June 12 - April 15
2.0 GT TDi 170 DSG Salsa Red / May 10 - June 12
MNM
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: Manual box
Options: DynAudio, PDC, DRL LED, Cruise Control, Vienna Leather, Sports/electric/heated seats, Folding mirrors, Red Footwell lights, Eibach Springs.

Post by MNM »

The golf is a square boxy thing compared to the sleek coupe look of the Scirocco. Should have chosen according to your preference before buying.
mordred1973
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Post by mordred1973 »

having seen a Golf 7 parked next to a new Leon FR in Barcelona airport, the Leon is the prettier anyway!

but neither is as pretty as a Scirocco.....
Basho

Post by Basho »

I am not talking about the body shape guys! but how VW abounded the Scirocco since the launch of the R, Even the smallest things they didnt even bother to change or add up.
BTW the new golf GTI 2013 is not going to come until 2014 hopefully by that time they will make some facelift for the R.
I know its just some LED but man it makes the GTI and the golf R looks so much better at least from the back. where we stuck with regular bulbs since 2009.

The feeling is more like frustration. Hell I bought the R becuz it was the best hatchback ever...

So dont get me wrong
James321
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

You can buy LED lights for the rear of the scirocco, do an Internet search, they are similar design to the later golf LED tail lights. And as for the R headlights, well they have been upgraded and the style changed from the other Scirocco models.
RS5, Scirocco R. You can never have enough R's
James321
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

Have a look at this

http://www.scirocconet.co.uk/forum/led- ... 15-40.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Basho

Post by Basho »

Thanks for the info James I actually made a research a while ago and I saw those dectane! Do be honest I didnt like them much! we need better designs hopefully they will come up with something from VW themselves. Do u know if i fit a cover for the cup holders from Nahbooda?
James321
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

Ok my friend, here's a list of the parts you need to convert to a covered cup holder area:

The numbers are VW part numbers.

Centre Cup holder with slide cover - 1K0862531AUBN
Stowage compartment with flip cover - 1K0857961A9B9 (This is a 4 button version)
Trim surround for stowage compartment - 1K0863487F1QB 4 button version (5K08634871QB is a 5 button trim cover)
Cover for Stowage Compartment flip cover - 1K0857351F1QB
Rubber Mat insert for Centre Cup holder (you only get one of the 2 with cup holder) - 1K0863301B71N
Rubber Mat insert for Stowage compartment - 1K0863330A 9B9 (you must specify the A as it means the smaller version. Without it you will get the big one which doesn't fit)
Rear Cup Holder (behind Armrest) - 1K0862532G9B9
Rear Cup Holder cover - 1K0862543B82V

Scroll down to halfway down this page for pictures of it fitted
http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 0&start=80" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hopefully that will restore some faith in the Scirocco and stop you from switching to the very common Golf. Seriously, the VW track day had nothing but golfs, I was one of only a few Sciroccos there.
Basho

Post by Basho »

I wont Switch! :) Thank u so much for the info really! I will visit the showroom this week I need to make some changes!
Basho

Post by Basho »

James today I noticed that my car seems a little bit higher from the passenger side is this normal?
James321
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

I'm not sure Basho, I had mine lowered so can't really remember how it looked on the original suspension.....except that it was waaaaay to high.
Basho

Post by Basho »

Man I really think the gap is way too much! I wanna call ABT and see what they have to offer!
Strat
In: Candy White
Options: This and that.

Post by Strat »

Basho wrote:After seeing the new GTI and how cool it was I am super disappointed with the look of My R

1- The head lights and the tailights are way out of date and vw didn't :grumpy: even bother to upgrade those on the R WTF!!!!
2- The cup holder cover is not even a option, no bother!
3- 4wd is never gonna be installed, this small factory don't even have the technology.
4- after sales the R sucks at least in Dubai where the GTI and Golf R is a complete different Story.

I am actually even thinking to switch it with the 2013 GTI it looks fantastic and with the sports package u can get 220 BHP!

any thoughts??
What are you on about?

1 - what updates are you expecting? The Mk3 is coming to the end of its life, why would it be changed now?
2 - I got cupholders in mine
3 - 4WD is for the Golf R, never the Scirocco R. No idea why you ever thought the Scirocco R would get 4WD.
4 - your comment makes no sense at all.
Rolling Deep...