R tuning dubai

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Basho
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Panoramic Roof, bi-xenon, Dual Climate Control,navigation, Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat, Heated Seats.

R tuning dubai

Post by Basho »

So after 11,000 km I am ready for my first tunning! Unfortunately anything outside of ABT will void the warranty and anything related to ECU, eng mods will also ruin the warranty!

ABT full suspension is ok and the price around 2k labor charges almost have the amount!

Akrapovic makes slip on line which is available and won't ruin the warranty!

If you guys thinking about tuning and not caring for the warranty it's ok!

I will start with the rear mufflers I guess

Good day
"Mashallah You got a nice car"
James321
In: Rising Blue
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Re: R tuning dubai

Post by James321 »

Hi Basho,

I took mine to Panda Performance in Dubai to have the Bilstein Ride Control Coilovers fitted. The price and quality of work was excellent, can't recommend them enough.
For the full coilover fit, plus all the wiring and control box plus dash mounted button and then a full chassis alignment, they charged me AED2000.

I'm also going for the akropovic exhaust, fancy seeing if we can get a group discount?

Oh and I really recommend the Bilstein suspension if you are thinking of uprating yours. A nice ride height and adjustable damping.
RS5, Scirocco R. You can never have enough R's
James321
Options: REVO Stage 2+, Bilstein B16 iRC, Supalloy Wishbones, Akrapovic Carbon Exhaust, Revo Intake, EuroJet Intercooler. (Wife's car)
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

And if you're interested, I'm going back to the UK this month and picking up a Superchips BlueFin to flash the ECU, it's undetectable by VW and good for around 300bhp.
Basho
Options: Panoramic Roof, bi-xenon, Dual Climate Control,navigation, Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat, Heated Seats.

Post by Basho »

James full suspension for 2000?
BTw abt I meant 2000 usd
Yes for the akra this guy will not charge us for labor neither shipping plus 2 years warranty. I sent u a private message!

Regards
Basho

Post by Basho »

James don't flash the ECU here you will sell ur car for free. They will know
James321
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

No sorry' that was the installation price, the coilover kit was £1500 from the UK.

I've been assured by Superchips that they cannot tell the ECU has been flashed.

Will call you later.
Andych
In: Candy White
Options: Sunroof, RNS510 Window tint, APR tune, Eibach Pro-Kit suspension, Intake, RVC, BBS LM wheels 19x8.5 front and 19x10 rear.

Post by Andych »

I can assure you they can tell how many times the ECU has been flashed..... it shows up in VAGCOM.
Basho

Post by Basho »

Exactly! Here ECU and warranty is huge huge issue. Mind you though we don't have much restrictions for CO2 emissions so exhaust as catback or anything is ok...

Guys anyone on this forum installed the ABT suspension kit? The agent told me it can lower the car up to 40mm
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Andych wrote:I can assure you they can tell how many times the ECU has been flashed..... it shows up in VAGCOM.
is this from experience? given R K04 engine is based on older Ed30/S3 motor i'm surprised as BF on these kept counter on what ever it was (given sometimes dealer updates edu), the ihi turbo tsi in the GTs on my GT did cause the flash to increase (not sure whether SC ever cured this)

in reality i'll just get a Revo to reflash the stock file on my Ed35 before its service, small charge but can avoid unwanted arguments
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Ryy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Basho wrote:Exactly! Here ECU and warranty is huge huge issue. Mind you though we don't have much restrictions for CO2 emissions so exhaust as catback or anything is ok...

Guys anyone on this forum installed the ABT suspension kit? The agent told me it can lower the car up to 40mm
I have them on mine, ABT say "up to 30mm". I did read one person said he had 25mm on back and 30mm on front. not sure though how flexible they are.
Basho

Post by Basho »

Oh 30mm but the R is already 10mm maybe that's why! So bro tell me how it is did u install the whole kit or Just the springs?
James321
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

I got back in touch with Superchips after our conversation on here, the download from Superchips that you flash the ECU with also resets the flash counter to zero so VW can't see it has been done.
Ryy
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

Basho wrote:Oh 30mm but the R is already 10mm maybe that's why! So bro tell me how it is did u install the whole kit or Just the springs?
Whole kit mate.
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Post by Deacon »

I'm pretty sure the Abt springs are re-branded Eibach springs and the Abt kitted cars like Ryy's have stock dampers with the uprated springs.
playing in my '86
Ryy

Post by Ryy »

Deeks... PM!
eMiL-VR6
In: Indium Grey
Options: Media-In, RNS 510, Black windows and GIAC Extreme, 300whp+

Post by eMiL-VR6 »

Andych wrote:I can assure you they can tell how many times the ECU has been flashed..... it shows up in VAGCOM.
My ECU have been flashed and i can't see anything via VAGCOM (work as a VW mechanic).

Can you please tell me how?
Basho

Post by Basho »

SO what you guys Suggest? ABT or Bilstein
James321
I'm in an RS5

Post by James321 »

Bilstein everyday. They make some of best suspension available. What you looking for, coilovers or just a damper and spring combo?

You should try these Bilstein Ride Control coilovers, you would love them.
Basho

Post by Basho »

I think I will go for the full system! DO u know where I can get that fixed in DXB and how much it will cost me!
BTW do u live in motor city? i see one grey R almost every week now! :)
Basho

Post by Basho »

http://www.tuninguae.com/tuning-volkswagen/709" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check this out JAMES