2.0 l Bluemotion R-line

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
stew86
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Just a bog standard 2.0 gt tsi manual and some Rubber mats

2.0 l Bluemotion R-line

Post by stew86 »

Hi all am currently thinking of down grading my 3 year white 2.0 gt for a black 2.0 bluemotion r line. Does any 1 own 1 would they recommend doing it? am getting lot more extras 19s sat nav leather heated seats and not to mention 30 quid road tax
yanto
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
With a: DSG box

Re: 2.0 l Bluemotion R-line

Post by yanto »

Depends upon what YOU want out of the car, test drive it and if it hits all the right buttons go for it!

Don't ask opinions of others! Because all you will get is opnions of others some going the way you think, and some not, and that shouldn't influence what YOU want!
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

You may want to consider the 170. Less of a power differential and more torque than you're used to. Still grest gains in economy and VED is only £120.

Using the term downgrading, tells me you're already in the wrkng frame of mind.

As said very clesrly above only you can decide as only you know what you want.
mikezero
I drive a: R-Line
In: Indium Grey
Options: 19" Talladega, Leather Interior, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Xenons, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, MIBII, Pana Sunroof, Park Assist, Winter Pack, DCC, RV Camera, Rear 90% tint, Car Net, Voice Activation.

Post by mikezero »

I went for the 2.0 TDI Bluemotion GT purely for the fuel economy and still wanting a coupe. I'm averaging 54mpg on a daily commute.

This was coming over from an RX8 which I had for nearly 7 years which averaged 18mpg on a daily commute.
Cuprabob
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

mikezero wrote:I went for the 2.0 TDI Bluemotion GT purely for the fuel economy and still wanting a coupe. I'm averaging 54mpg on a daily commute.

This was coming over from an RX8 which I had for nearly 7 years which averaged 18mpg on a daily commute.
...and how many litres of oil to go with the 18mpg
Paralla
With a: DSG box
Options: RNS 510, Dynaudio, pano roof, dark anthracite satin finished 19" lugano's, cruise control, mudflaps, VW stainless steel sill plates, parking sensors, folding mirrors, 6CD changer, luxury mats, stainless steel pedal covers, 12" Alpine Sub, 1000W Alpine Amp

Post by Paralla »

If its economy you are after go for a Tdi 170. Only about 5% less economical than a Tdi 140 BMT and much closer in performance to your old tsi. The 170 is more expensive than a 2.0 tsi so think of it as an upgrade rather than a downgrade!