Am I being stupid?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
yanto
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Am I being stupid?

Post by yanto »

Had car a couple of weeks now and had a thought after seeing posts about bent jacking plates that i should look at the jack, which i did. I noticed the locking wheel nut adaptor. then it dawned on me that i haven't noticed locking wheel nuts!

There are black "nuts or are they bolts?" each with what looks like an odd Torx head drive, thinking that they are merely cosmetic covers for the bolts/nuts i looked for a removal tool - can't find one!

So am i being stupid in thinking that there should be a Torx type tool to remove the covers/bolts/nuts or are they dummies and ping off to reveal proper hex nuts/bolts and locking nuts???

Chears!

Ian
bianco
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Re: Am I being stupid?

Post by bianco »

The tool for pulling off the black nut-covers looks like a keyring with a one inch rod with a small hook on the end. No torx involved.
yanto
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White

Re: Am I being stupid?

Post by yanto »

Ah wondered what that was for!

Cheers, and just found it in hand book, not exactly where i was looking as i was looking in the changing wheel section rather than hub cap removal section! Although it is on page opposite, so yes I was being stupid!