Calling all salsa owners

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
goatboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather!

Calling all salsa owners

Post by goatboy »

Calling all Salsa owners!

I’m looking for your experiences…
I’ve got a salsa which I love, it looks awesome but there is one nagging problem. The colour coding on the plastic parts on my car is frankly pants. :(

The bumpers, spoiler and filler cap were shocking, a much darker red than the rest of the car. I complained to VW and after a lot of messing about they agreed to respray the offending parts.
They took the car for 4 days, and went I went to pick it up I had rather mixed feelings…

The petrol cap was much, much better, almost spot on, however the bumper and spoiler were better but in my opinion still not good enough. :shake:

I’ve been back to the dealer and they say there is nothing more they can do without intervention from central customer services which is my next port of call. :grumpy:

I was just wondering what other people think of the colour matching on their salsas? I’ve had a quick google and it looks like a reasonable common problem just wondering how bad. If my car is particularly bad I can argue my case a bit harder if it’s a case of “they all do that sir” I’m going to struggle a bit. :?

Quick pic of my spoiler before it went in to be resprayed

ZephyR
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: 18" Inters, Front fogs, Multi-function steering wheel, Parking sensors & Interior mats

Re: Calling all salsa owners

Post by ZephyR »

Wow. Noticeable even in a photo. Must be covered by the VW paintwork warranty.
rm0rgan
Options: SOLD

Post by rm0rgan »

Even I can see that is a different pan-tone and I'm colour blind!
<<<< He who laughs last, thinks slowest. >>>>
salsajoe
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: multifunction steering wheel, fogs, 18" alloys; DAB; XDS activated, DRLs reset, lock beep activated; indicator repeat set to 4; covered cup holder, rear seat 12v socket installed. metal pedals, 210 Golf GTi also in the stable. Scirocco gone - miss it. Polo GTI now.

Post by salsajoe »

My colour is spot on all parts - plastic and metal from new. The picture shows the colour difference clearly. It can be right so have another go at the dealer!! 'It will come back to haunt you when you come to sell as folks will think it is accident damage
voyager
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
Options: cruise control

Post by voyager »

I must say that the plastic/metal colour match on my salsa is v good, the plastic parts are a tad darker but you really have to look closely to notice. I understand that colour matching plastic with metal is v difficult with some colours but it should be a lot closer than appears to be the case with your car.
goatboy

Post by goatboy »

Thanks SalsaJoe and Voyager. Thats good to hear.

I've raised the subject up with customers services and they are investigating (already gone up a level of seniority as the 1st person couldn't help). At least if I know others have a good match its not impossible.
goatboy

Post by goatboy »

Update in case anyone is interested...

I battled VW quite considerably but eventually got them to respray the bumpers. (it took independent inspections, loads of phone calls, escalation through VW customers services the whole works).
It took best part of 3 weeks to get it done, and Paint manufacturers (Galsurit) representation but I picked the car up today.

Latest picture attached...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
whiteDevil_170
Options: 19 inch lugano alloys , Metal pedals, satnav , DAB , leather , parking sensors , Red footwell LEDs , white led interior , hkb door sills , Needle sweep ,Horn beep on open/close , big speedo, drl deactivated, cornering fogs, An ocd for keeping it clean! Gloss black mirrors.
revo stage 1 remap

Post by whiteDevil_170 »

goatboy wrote:Update in case anyone is interested...

I battled VW quite considerably but eventually got them to respray the bumpers. (it took independent inspections, loads of phone calls, escalation through VW customers services the whole works).
It took best part of 3 weeks to get it done, and Paint manufacturers (Galsurit) representation but I picked the car up today.

Latest picture attached...
Looks much better now.
Jack

;) Lets Roc ;)
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

goatboy wrote:Update in case anyone is interested...
Yes very much so - I thought you may have a battle on your hands but seems it was good result in the end :clap: