Pulling to left

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
StuSki74
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box

Pulling to left

Post by StuSki74 »

Well I have my car booked into to see if my dealer can rectify the problem with my car pulling left slightly. This is not a major issue, but really annoying as I do a lot of motorway miles. It's already been in once and they said they couldn't find a problem, the car drove really neutral. Though as soon as you release your grip on the steering wheel, the car drives left. I have took the car too a local tyre place who checked the wheel alignment, but with their backs kit thought the wheel alignment looked ok. However they did confirm that the steering wheel was slightly out of line. So finger crossed that The dealers can resolve this, I'm thinking it maybe a problem with the geometry on one of the wheels?

Oh, also I'm getting the rear seat cover replaced under warranty as the stitching in the middle front has come away.

I'll update you on my progress with the car pulling left, as previously with my Seat Leon FR it took the a while to resolve a similar problem.
Kev
Administrator
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, cruise, parking sensors, folding mirrors, flat tyre indicator
Sadly replaced now by an F-Type.

Re: Pulling to left

Post by Kev »

Have you checked the tyre pressures too. If they're uneven left to right, the car will pull.
Moab31
In: Candy White
Options: 19" black wheel. Winter pack. Cruse control.

Pulling to left

Post by Moab31 »

Have u checked the tracking ?
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Moab31 wrote:Have u checked the tracking ?
He does say in his post that the wheel alignment has been checked
BunnyJen

Post by BunnyJen »

I had this problem on my Clio. It was the handbrake cable on mine. One of the back wheels wasn't spinning as freely as the others because of it and it caused the car to pull left. Might be worth looking at that?
Kageira

Post by Kageira »

If you really want to drill down on what the possible problems could be, you could try eliminating your tyres/wheels from the equation.

Rotate the wheels laterally (if the tyres permit) and see if the effect is reversed.

If it is then you know it's something to do with your wheels/tyres eg. pressure, wheel balancing weights, tyre wear etc

If not, then its probably a mechanical fault with the car e.g tracking, worn bushes, worn bearings, suspension etc

Or maybe you just have something really heavy in your boot! lol

;)
voyager
In: Salsa Red
Options: cruise control

Post by voyager »

Unless you're really confident of the ability of the local tyre place you took it to when you had the alignment checked I'd get a second opinion, a degree or 2 out will make all the difference and some tyre places are more conscientious then others - been there, done that with a previous car, Kwik-Fit said all was fine but ATS found and solved the problem.