Advice needed please guys! :(

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Billc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
With a: DSG box
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Re: Advice needed please guys! :(

Post by Billc »

I think a lot depends on what Sarah wants out of all this:-

a) For the apparently retro-fitted kit to be retained and work correctly OR:
b)For the car to be reinstated to the equipment it should have as an MY2010 model before the previous idiot mucked it up

That's two very different outcomes with different resolutions. The first will obviously affect the future value/saleability of the car since it isn't the correct kit for the year of build.
Bill in Norfants
Sarah
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
Options: Leather, mats, parking sensors, sat nav, paddleshift, multi-function steering wheel

Post by Sarah »

Thanks for all the posts guys.

D20/RW1 - no I don't have vagcom. I was offered a quick fix on the side of the road by a friend of the sales guy I bought it from but wasn't happy with that as it means it is still out of warranty and if it goes wrong again I will be back at square one. But thanks for the info.

Billc - yea this is the point, can't deny I've been tempted by these quick fixes but it's not what have have paid/ am paying for. I bought a car with warranty for a reason and I don't think it's right to be offered anything other than a vw service guy fixing it. In my eyes I was sold a standard car, I wasn't informed of any modifications and it's those mods that are now causing me this big headache. They ahouldnt of sold me a car and hidden the mods. So I would like them to fit it as standard.

However If they want to do the quick fix and they agree its still under warranty that's fine. as long as its fixed but at the moment they are asking me to pay for something that I had nothing to do with and originally knew very little about (this forum has clued me up considerably!) this option is last resort, worst case scenario. Right now, new unit is all I will accept.

Sarah.
D20

Post by D20 »

im going to bet my life on the car being correct.

the car will be from stock and a build ealrier than the registration.

at vauxhall we currently have a my09 astra that was today rejistered on a 2012 plate, number plates show when the car was rejistered not when it was built.

in terms of the satnav a sales person wouldnt be able to tell if it was retrofit or factory fit.

i think your bigest problem was they have sold you a 2009 car as a current spec and misold you the car.
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

VAGCOM links were just amplifying D20's point for clarity.
Billc wrote: MY2010 model before the previous idiot mucked it up.
But it isn't. For clarity, this Scirocco is a February 2009 ('58plate) build, registered late on a 10 plate.

It was built with RED MFD and old Mk5 Golf Steering wheel, the flat type with 4 small round buttons in each steering wheel arm on either side of the centre boss. That is correct for this Scirocco and it has the older MK5 Golf electrics with Convenience Controller 46 rather than Central Electrics - 09 as per May 2009 onwards..

D20 :yes: Bang on.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Sarah
Options: Leather, mats, parking sensors, sat nav, paddleshift, multi-function steering wheel

Post by Sarah »

What he said ^ lol

D20, yea its right kit for the car - to an extent, But I am been told by the dealer repairing it that the radio unit in it now is not what it started off with. So someone somewhere along the line has changed it. No one knows why - its not logical and frankly stupid lol

Sarah
D20

Post by D20 »

most proberly a retrofit, a friend of mine has just bought a Edition 35 golf without nav as the dealer wanted £2000 for it from factory, he has a apointment from oemretrofits for half of that amount on the day it is delivered.

if you can get them to agree to warent the car (considering they sold it to you) then fire me or any vagcom owners a PM and we can egt it sorted asap :yes:
mordred1973
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Post by mordred1973 »

mine has a satnav fitted in 2010, coz the factory fit one was replaced under warranty, although I assume that's on the VW central computer
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

D20 wrote:most proberly a retrofit, a friend of mine has just bought a Edition 35 golf without nav as the dealer wanted £2000 for it from factory, he has a apointment from oemretrofits for half of that amount on the day it is delivered.

if you can get them to agree to warent the car (considering they sold it to you) then fire me or any vagcom owners a PM and we can egt it sorted asap :yes:
Thanks for the offer D20, ill keep you in mind :)
mordred1973 wrote:mine has a satnav fitted in 2010, coz the factory fit one was replaced under warranty, although I assume that's on the VW central computer
Yea the reason that VW are getting their backs up about it is there is no record of it been changed under warranty and nothing to explain why it would of needed to be changed, they said when they removed it they noticed stickers had been ripped off the back of it - why it took them 7 months to discover that is beyond me!
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hello,

Does anyone know any email/post address so I can write a letter of complaint to VW UK?
Just spoke to Customer Service and they are basically NOT doing there job and ive reached my patience limit now!!! :eyepop:
skippy
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

Hi Sarah,

I think this may be the address you want:

Volkswagen Passenger Cars
Selectapost 12
Sheffield
S97 3ZU

Website http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/volkswagen-world/contact" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Sweet! Thanks Skippy!
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

You can also send one to HQ

Volkswagen Marketing
Yeomans Drive
Blakelands
Milton Keynes
MK14 5AN
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Thank you. Might write one letter and send them to both, do a Sort of double whammy attack, lol. Can't hurt!
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

That is a good plan! :yes:
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

Sarah wrote:
Yea the reason that VW are getting their backs up about it is there is no record of it been changed under warranty and nothing to explain why it would of needed to be changed, they said when they removed it they noticed stickers had been ripped off the back of it - why it took them 7 months to discover that is beyond me!
The original dealer should have run a specification /build check which would have flagged up the retro fit satnav and either removed the unit or stated it as being retrofit. Was the car sold as "approved used" or just used?
The car with retrofit parts shouldn't have been sold/marketed as approved used.

If the unit has no stickers then it is either a. refurbished or b. stolen . The dealer should be able to idenifity which.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

I was just told by the dealer fixing it that the unit had been replaced but according to records there is no reason as to why it should have been replaced. I spoke to the dealer I bought it from and he suggested that it was have been stolen at some point durIng delivery from the port to their forecourt, but not sure if that is BS.. As he also told me he has a friend who retrofits units and that a friend of his was also the previous owner. (same guy maybe?)

All in all it's pretty unclear which is why I'm pushing for them to fit a new unit to eliminate all the problems and not just quick fix it.

It was sold to me as vw approved used and Having looked at trading standards im also using the fact that I was sold a car with a modification and not told of it.

Don't really see how they have a leg to stand on but they are dragging it out through the processes..
b0rk
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

If the original unit was stolen prior to delivery it would have been recorded on the VW system against the car and like for like replacement authorised.

Does the build sticker indicate satnav or radio? I'm guessing it was built with a RCD510 radio and the nav unit is off ebay or similar with the original unit having been similarly sold. Do you have genuine VW NAV DVD?
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

b0rk wrote:Does the build sticker indicate satnav or radio? I'm guessing it was built with a RCD510 radio and the nav unit is off ebay or similar with the original unit having been similarly sold. Do you have genuine VW NAV DVD?
7T6 P NAV Navigation system (MID)
8AY P RAO Radio/navigation system
It was built with it fitted as the original order.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

...And I do have the genuine DVD :)
char
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black

Post by char »

Hi Sarah

Another lever you can apply is to get an indicative cost for the parts required to fix the issue plus labour and then threaten to file a small claims court action.

I've had good success in the past with sending faxes to a customer services team leader, with a nice bold header titled IMPORTANT - NOTICE OF LEGAL ACTION. You need to state that you will give them reasonable time to respond 10 working days minimum. I've found in the past that I get a call back with resolution, within a couple of hours, its normally a lot more affective than emails and phone calls.

Might be worth a go if you are finding that everything is seizing up! It doesnt cost much to file a claim, (if they dont respond) and you would represent yourself so no large solicitor bills (you dont pay their costs if you lose). I expect they would pay up on the basis it would cost more to defend the case then fix the issue.

Also home insurance comes with Legal advice that may be helpful.

Good Luck

More info here; http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/l ... claims.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;