Advice needed please guys! :(

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
mordred1973
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Re: Advice needed please guys! :(

Post by mordred1973 »

and regardless when it is on radio it will still have next to the clock the direction the car is travelling (eg N, S, E, W)
Sarah
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather, mats, parking sensors, sat nav, paddleshift, multi-function steering wheel

Post by Sarah »

Gilez wrote:I am not sure if it will help, but if I were you, I would get in contact with VW UK Customer Services. From my experience, they dont take to kindly to Dealers messing customers around and can step in, and can only assume that they will do this with a used car too.
Thanks Gilez, I think I will be making a call to them this evening and hopefully they can give them a kick and sort them out!
Sarah
Options: Leather, mats, parking sensors, sat nav, paddleshift, multi-function steering wheel

Post by Sarah »

sugar_W wrote:
Burble wrote:Thanks Carlpea, I had a scirocco before the one I have now that had the white mfd and new wheel and I remember it showing on that like the picture you sent but I dont recall seeing this on the red MFD but I may be wrong, its so long since ive had this function now!!

Anyone have this on the Red MFD?

Sarah
58 plate / red MFD / RNS510 here, the compass is displayed in the 'Navigation' function in the MFD (nav needs to be inactive). There is also an 'Audio' function which shows song info etc on the MFD and the up/down steering wheel buttons will change track. Thats how it works on mine anyhow.
Thanks Sugar W I will go back to them and tell them this. I dont see why mine should be different!
mordred1973 wrote:and regardless when it is on radio it will still have next to the clock the direction the car is travelling (eg N, S, E, W)
Ok will make a note of that to.
I get the distinct impression they really are just trying to pass the buck here!
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Right, just spoken to the technician, and after 7 months of back and forth, they have fixed it - but they arent going to!!!

They took out the parts from a different scirocco and put it in mine and it all works fine, however because they have decided that whoever had it before me has tampered with it, it is out of warranty and so they have gone back to VW UK to ask if they can order the parts and change it but they reckon they will say no you cant do it.

I am now in a situation where I was sold a car that has been tampered with and I wasnt informed of this, I am picking up my car today after knowing it has been fixed but they have decided they arent going to. The dealer I bought it from is unhelpful and im basically stuck between a rock and a hard place on this now..

Its so unfair I didnt do this, and its all coming down on me and im stuck with a car that is essentially broken :(

I am going to contact the customer care team and explain everything but other than that im at a bit of a loss as to what I can do next. Any advice?
Billc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

Personal opinion is that VW Customer Care have to do something because you've been sold a pup by a VW dealer. A VW dealer sells you an MY2010 model which isn't a 2010 spec. There's no way they didn't know that when they sold it to you. Ok they can argue 'buyer beware' but if they sold it to you as a VW Warrantied car then you buy it as that and it should be as marketed, a 2010 Volkswagen - which it isn't.
Bill in Norfants
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Thanks for the reply.

I've now opened a case with vw customer care, they agreed that I should of been informed of any after market changes and that they should fix it.

I called the dealer that I brought it from who basically said it wasn't his fault and that it is the fault of the garage that's been repairing because I took it to them. Which I replied was incorrect as it is a well known thing that If you buy a car you can take it to any garage for warranty repairs.
Customer care also agreed when I told them he said this.

It got "shady" when I received a voicemail from the dealer while I was on the phone to customer care offering me a solution and saying it was a quick fix. So I called Him back... He then told me that he doesn't know of any changes however what could of happened, which apparently happens on a regular basis, is that when the car came into the port someone stole the radio out of it and it was changed before it was registered.

He then said that the previous owner was a friend of the MD there and that he also has a friend that retrofits after market cd players and so he could code it for me. Now I know people do this but I wouldn't expect it to come from a VW sales manager... He then also went on to say that this friend happens to be in my area tomorrow so could suggest a meeting place and he can fix it at the side of the road.
I obviously said no to this, the guy doesn't work for VW and I'm hardly going to meet up with some random man who is offering to 'fix' my car on the street! When I asked I'd he would do this and said about my warranty and if any other problems that occurred would he fix them he said no. I didn't buy a car with a warranty to just go out and void it!

I called customer care again and told them this as I am shocked that was an option. They agreed that this seemes dodgy and added it to the case notes and are going to investigate. The sales manager basically said he wasnt going to replace the part and that my only option was to get it fixed through his mate, and when i asked him questions and told him he was going against the contract that I have signed he was aggressive and defensive. Dodgy dealer. Can't believe this is a authorised VW dealer!!

I feel there is a long battle ahead!
voyager
Options: cruise control

Post by voyager »

I appreciate that VW customer services are on the case and may well sort it out but if it were me I would contact the Office of Fair Trading and Citizens Advice as quite often they will tell you if they have had past dealings with the dealer in question as this outfit appears to be a tad shady. Unfortunately it is dealers like this that give the rest a bad name; I had similar problems with a Nissan dealer and their customer service dept was appalling and took months to decide to do nothing but so far (touch wood) the VW dealer I use has been great and during the service has fixed a couple of minor things free of charge. Not sure if it's allowed on this site but some info about the dealer concerned would be helpful so that other users can avoid him
blazeneon
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: MY2013 Spec, Carpet Mats, Chrome Tips.

Post by blazeneon »

Sorry to hear about your dealer nightmare. You could always employ loveable cockney/ballroom dancer Dominic Littlewood! http://www.flametv.co.uk/Dom/dontgetdone.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Best of luck.

Phil.
Ordered week 15
Built week 29
Arrived in UK week 31
Driving week 32
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Voyager - contacting fair trading is probably a good shout, I'll get on that! I was going to say who the garage was on here to let others know to avoid but I didn't want my post to get deleted!..

Blaze neon - lol, I must admit last night, I was considering getting someone like him involved!
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Sarah
I think a warning of which garage is valid, if anyone started things into a slagging match and potential slander then it would be deleted

S
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Thanks Trix.

Well in that's case, the garage Is White Rose in Petersfield.
voyager

Post by voyager »

Burble, point taken. Hope you're not from the Huntingdon/Cambridge area as I have experience of the main VW/Audi dealer in that area from when I owned an Audi - they were so bad (basically they lied constantly and farmed out their servicing to an under-the-arches outfit in St Neots before billing me at Audi rates; I only found out because they were stupid enough to leave the original invoice in my car) so I used to drive to Kings Lynn to get it serviced. Worked out well for the KL dealer tho cos when the Audi was due replacement (180k miles) I bought my Scirocco from them and have always found them v good.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

No I'm based in Berkshire/Reading area.
That's awful, I can't believe that main dealers can be like this, I've never had issues before as you say, one can spoil it for the majority!

Don't suppose you know anything about trading in cars on finance deals do you... My original plan with my roc was to trade it in for a new one after a couple of years, not sure if you can trade it to any garage or you have to go back to the one you got the car from originally, I certainly don't want to get another car from this particular garage!

Sarah
voyager

Post by voyager »

Normally you wouldn't have a problem trading it in anywhere but yours seems to be a bit of an orphan with a non-standard fit so it might be a bit more difficult; a dealer will only buy something he knows he can sell on.
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Aww that's so sad, poor orphan! Lol
Well I'm sure I can persuade my way into it later down the line. Ill have to cross that bridge when I get to it! It's such a shame cos other than this I absolutely adore the car!
Billc
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: Dynaudio, DCC, bi-xenons

Post by Billc »

I don't suppose you have a copy of the original sales blurb have you? Advert from website/newspaper/blurb from dealership or whatever? If so and that states it's a 2010 model then it's solid gold because what you bought just isn't what was advertised. Notes of conversations with the dealers during the sales process would help the case but the original advert/sales blurb would add considerable power if it were in any way misleading.
Bill in Norfants
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Hi Bill,

I'm afraid I don't no, I thought the same the other day and was having a rummage around but it looks like I threw it away. :shrug:
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Wow, I can honestly say that VW service is not what I expected it to be.

This case now has the following. 2 dealerships including a sales manager a service manager a service guy and a master technician, someone at Vw uk and someone at vw Germany, 2 customer care people (because apparently it depends what area it is and they can't just have one person per case) and all of these people are just passing the buck because non of them want to pay for the costs of a new unit.
It's a car that is under warranty and they have signed a contract that says that if there is a fault they must fix it, so why don't they just effing do it!!!

Trading standards will also be involved within the next hour.

Arghhhh!
D20

Post by D20 »

Sorry cant comment on vw service but i might be able to shed some light on the problem.

in the last 6 months i have been called out to 7 jobs were people were having the same issues with Retrofit RNS510 units.

DO you have access to a vagcom? check that in navigation BAP and Shortbutton press are disable as they are the protocals for the new MFSW and WHITE MFD

one guy in a Edition 30 had been back and forward to VW for 6months with no luck. 5 mins with my laptop and it wa sorted lol
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

D20 wrote:Sorry cant comment on vw service but i might be able to shed some light on the problem.

in the last 6 months i have been called out to 7 jobs were people were having the same issues with Retrofit RNS510 units.

DO you have access to a vagcom? check that in navigation BAP and Shortbutton press are disable as they are the protocals for the new MFSW and WHITE MFD

one guy in a Edition 30 had been back and forward to VW for 6months with no luck. 5 mins with my laptop and it wa sorted lol
BAIKAR comments here..... http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... bap#p72966" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Similar age Scirocco as your chassis number Sarah.

Also... http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... bap#p45923" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; , mortygttdi explains where they should look.

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!