I mostly leave my ACC in ..

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.

Standard
31%
Comfort
24%
Sport
12%
I'm always fiddling and swapping modes
13%
As the mood takes me
19%

Total votes: 90

morrissey
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Golf R, 3 door, manual, leather, sunroof, 19" alloys, ACC, cruise, comfort and storage packs

Post by morrissey »

Just wondered if people are developing any usage patterns for the ACC.

For me it's 90% Sport except over the speed bumps when I put it in comfort
adamj
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Re: I mostly leave my ACC in ..

Post by adamj »

Mine is in sport 100% of the time. The steering just feels a little "sloppy" im comfort and normal.
gossa
With a: DSG box
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

I use my car mainly to collect and drop off my kids. I am in Dorset, they are 112 miles away in Devon. The road is along the coast, half single carraigeway. I go to pick them up at 2 o clock in the afternoon and drive there in comfort, takes me 2-2 1/2 hrs. I drive back late Sunday night in sport, takes me 1.45hrs.
albertz33
In: Viper Green
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

throttles too responsive in sport for me for city driving, comfort is too sloppy.
SuperJB
In: Rising Blue
Options: Anthracite Vienna Leather, "Scirocco" carpet mats, Stainless Steel Pedals and Door Sills

Post by SuperJB »

To be honest I swap between settings quite a lot when I'm on my own, but when the missus is in the car I get told off for driving "briskly" :p so it stays in comfort a lot of the time!
S8N
Options: Sunfoof, Vienna Leather, parking sensors

Post by S8N »

Standard mostly. On occasion I will put it into comfort on a bad road but generally standard is a good mix of both modes.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

albertz33 wrote:throttles too responsive in sport for me for city driving, comfort is too sloppy.
It has absolutely no effect on throttle response. . . . . :rolleyes:
jmn82
In: Rising Blue
Options: Cruise Control, Dynaudio soundpack, Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Premium Mats and Sills

Post by jmn82 »

I'm always switching modes. Half the time I'm not convinced it's doing anything, but it makes me feel more 'involved' :hyper:
I've been Revo'd
Candy Monster
In: Candy White
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

I have mine in comfort when around town to save fuel and soften speed bumps. Sport is for when i'm having fun, roundabouts and when there are strong side winds on the M1! Normal gets used occasionally on the motorway, I find the steering in comfort a bit twitchy at higher speeds. Throttle response and steering in sport feel so much better.
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

:?
Last edited by albertz33 on Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
albertz33

Post by albertz33 »

Andy-GTI wrote:
albertz33 wrote:throttles too responsive in sport for me for city driving, comfort is too sloppy.
It has absolutely no effect on throttle response. . . . . :rolleyes:
From Driven magazine:

The talk of the town though is VW’s new ‘ACC’ system, or Adaptive Chassis Control, that’s debuting on the new Scirocco. As the name might suggest, it adjusts the suspension, throttle response and steering in accordance for what you want. You have a choice of three modes - ‘Normal’ is self explanatory and is the Scirocco’s default settings. ‘Comfort’ is probably going to be used for motorway driving as it softens the suspension and generally makes the car easier to drive in that environment. Then there’s the good ol’ ‘Sport’ mode which quickens the throttle response, makes the car more rev-happy, stiffens the suspension, and generally prepares the car for a good thrashing around on winding backroads.

Get your facts straight Andy GTI :rolleyes:
Andy-GTI

Post by Andy-GTI »

Prove thaty 'driven' magazine have got their facts straight. . . . .

:rolleyes:
Last edited by Andy-GTI on Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy-GTI

Post by Andy-GTI »

albertz33 wrote:
Get your facts straight Andy GTI :rolleyes:
No, you get your facts straight,
VW Press Release wrote: Optional sport chassis with three level settings

* Clever Chassis. Ideally tailored to the Scirocco is the new DCC adaptive chassis control system. Not only is the damper characteristic controlled here, but also tuning of the electro-mechanical power steering. Adaptive chassis control offers the three programs “Normal”, “Sport” and “Comfort”. Significant here is the fact that adaptive chassis control improves the driving characteristics of the Scirocco full-time. That is, the suspension is continually adapted to the roadway and driving situation. The system also reacts to accelerator, brake and steering inputs. It is able to resolve the conflict in goals between a tight sport suspension and a comfortable one.

So there in black and white from VW, it does not affect the throttle response, it tweaks the damper rates and the electro mechanical steering. It monitors the throttle, brake and steering inputs and uses them to adjust the other settings.

The full article relating to the vw scirocco can be found on this link
https://www.volkswagen-media-services.c ... hkeit.html
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

note brochure also only refers to steering and dampers
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Candy Monster
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

feels like the throttle response changes to me but maybe thats down to suspension or something :?
polts23
In: Salsa Red
Options: Parking sensors, DAB, Elec Folding mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre indicator, Premium Sills, Alu Pedals & GT Steering badge

Post by polts23 »

Hmmm, the throttle certainly 'seems' more responsive in Sport mode :?

I use whichever mode best suits the type of journey I'm doing, if it's the boring motorway commute to work then it's Comfort and cruise, if it's about town then Normal, and if it's A & B roads then it's Sport all the way baby. That's the beauty of it, you can change it about as much as you like.
Andy-GTI

Post by Andy-GTI »

Its crazy how some of you seem to have convinced yourselves of a throttle change when it doesnt happen! :fall:
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

i reckon its all in the head and linked to the phsycology of pressing a button that says 'sport', you use it when you want to 'have a play' and press on a bit, thus driving harder, being more agressive with the throttle (hence the feeling of better response) and probably concentrating harder, this probably links to the myth of sport mode fuel consumption being greater as the car is driven harder
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
Andy-GTI

Post by Andy-GTI »

andy wrote:i reckon its all in the head and linked to the phsycology of pressing a button that says 'sport', you use it when you want to 'have a play' and press on a bit, thus driving harder, being more agressive with the throttle (hence the feeling of better response) and probably concentrating harder, this probably links to the myth of sport mode fuel consumption being greater as the car is driven harder
Absolutely agree.
JaseW
Options: Vienna Leather, Nav, Parking, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Premium Sills & Mats, Alloy Pedals, GT Wheel Badge, Piano Inserts, de-badge, Full Milltek inc sports cat, Forge DV, Forge Twintercooler, Forge Uprated Pipes, H&R 35mm drop, RS-Tuning Custom map (286bhp)

Post by JaseW »

I like sport mode, but it does hold onto the revs a bit too long.. your way past the optimal change limit and sounds like it's trying to be a VTEC :eyepop:

I found out how good the suspension is the other night, a bit too brisk upto a roundabout, and i just had to be commited! went round like it was on rails :vibes:
I luv Roc!