Diy original parking sensors help can bus wires

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
lee3272
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box

Diy original parking sensors help can bus wires

Post by lee3272 »

Please help stuck now ordered this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... TQ:US:1123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fitted all sensors ect run canbus wires upto module under dash panel near pedals stuck with orange/black and orange/brown
not sure which module i need to be in have these instruction

BROWN / BRAUN -> GND
GREY / GRAU -> Dimmer / Backlight Button

ORANGE / BLACK - CAN HIGH = pin 16
ORANGE / BROWN - LOW CAN = pin 6
BLACK / VIOLET -Violett - IGNITION +12

but when i look for pin 16 and pin 6 there aint no wires comming from those pins
any help please

My car is right hand drive scirocco pictures are left hand golf mk6 but im told there the same
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
lee3272

Where is the canbus gateway on a scirocco

Post by lee3272 »

need to find its location to fit 2 wires for rear parking
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Re: Diy original parking sensors help can bus wires

Post by RW1 »

You will find a small controller black box up above the accelerator pedal (usually). Has a single 20 pin connection to it - 2 x 10 pin rows. Part number to confirm is in the diagram. Controller 19 - CAN Gateway is up behind the Central Electrics Controller. This picture is looking in through the cubby hole storage which has been removed to take the photo. You are looking over the top of the Central Electric Controller about 15cm inward.
Controller 19 - CAN Gateway - RH Drive only position.JPG
Circuit is this.
Parking Aid Circuit.JPG
C.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
OldPOP
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White

Post by OldPOP »

I am guessing that there are no wires coming from the block because it was not wired in the factory. I think you have two options
1) Buy a pin with a short wire VW parts will sell you one to join to your canbus wire.
2) Buy the pin on its own to take the canbus wire direct to the unit (a much neater job) but you will need the correct part number before VW parts will “play”

not sure if these are the correct pins:- http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =12&t=8947" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
lee3272

Post by lee3272 »

Ok all wired in and coded works perfect apart from one big problem :cry: the bars on the rns510 showing the sensors are the oposite way round ect right sensor showing left on screen i run the wires correct way down the drivers side to get to canbus shawly they dont make right and left drive model is there anywhere in vcds i can correct this as i dont want to take bumper and chopping wires to get correct way round
lee3272

Post by lee3272 »

All sorted couldnt get into main block from sensors to sensor module so cut wires and swopped around till got the right combination then soldered them all working now with rns510 total cost Full OPS around £210 inc colour codeing
zenekor
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Opal Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: \◣__◢/

Post by zenekor »

Hi guys. I think that original parking sensors @ back is a piece of cake. Have anyone managed to retrofit FRONT parking sensors from Golf MK6 in a manner that they would be displayed on RCD510 / RNS510 ;]
lee3272

Post by lee3272 »

zenekor wrote:Hi guys. I think that original parking sensors @ back is a piece of cake. Have anyone managed to retrofit FRONT parking sensors from Golf MK6 in a manner that they would be displayed on RCD510 / RNS510 ;]
Ididnt think it was a piece of cake its not for a beginner just to make that clear gave me alot of headache