Rattle on 170 at low revs

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
lee63
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: RCD510 with Dynaudio, Supreme white xenon bulbs/sidelights/number plate, Piano black interior trim, pipercross panel filter, DTUK CRD-T, Eibach 25mm lowering springs, hydraulic bonnet struts, covered cup holder, LED interior, Custom"SciroccoGT"door sill plates.

Rattle on 170 at low revs

Post by lee63 »

I have had a rattle/low rumble between 1200 and 1400 rpm in all gears and at idle for quite a bit now and decided to have a proper look today. Initially my first thought was the something with the engine so i took all covers off and had a wiggle about, i started it up and had a friend hold the revs at 1200 and move up and down between 12 and 1400rpm i noticed almost straight away it was the air intake to the airbox vibrating quite loudly. Turns out the mounting/gromit for the air box needed nipping up a bit and a little bit of foam padding underneath and above the intake scoop/difusser where it meets the front sill has sorted it out quite nicely. Hope this helps any one else on there rattle hunts :)
lee63
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: RCD510 with Dynaudio, Supreme white xenon bulbs/sidelights/number plate, Piano black interior trim, pipercross panel filter, DTUK CRD-T, Eibach 25mm lowering springs, hydraulic bonnet struts, covered cup holder, LED interior, Custom"SciroccoGT"door sill plates.

Re: Rattle on 170 at low revs

Post by lee63 »

Just another quick one, the above helped but it still rattled a little so ive now felt taped the rim on the cover of the air intake scoop and round the inner edge of the intake u bend where it enters the air box as this wasnt a very good fit. Its all tight now (with a little flex still) and know rattles/rumbles. :)
Gazp123
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Nav, leather seats, dsg, Bluetooth, winter pack

Re: Rattle on 170 at low revs

Post by Gazp123 »

I've noticed mine doing this on and off. Thanks for the post, ill have to have a look and try get it fixed :D