Water pump, Check engine light on, Error P10A900

Dodii
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

Water pump, Check engine light on, Error P10A900

Post by Dodii »

Hi everyone, I’ve been a big fan of this forum but sadly this is my first post. My scirocco is in trouble. No boost after 3000rpm so the car wont allow it to go past 3000. Took it to the garage and apparently its a water pump issue. The coolant does seem to be low as well. Are there any recommendations on what else to look out for or what i should get replaced as well whilst doing the water pump just for preventing anything similar happening in the future? I’ll try attcach a video of what the engine sounded like. Thanks for reading!!! :? :grumpy:
Dodii

Re: Water pump, Check engine light on, Error P10A900

Post by Dodii »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Link to the video of my engine
Dodii

Post by Dodii »

Car is only at 37,000 miles as well, registered in 2014. Quite disappointed but I’ve been reading about similar issues with a lot of other 1.4 TSI 160 dsg owners
johnrowe
In: Opal Silver

Post by johnrowe »

If your engine is overheating, you'll see an alert (or maybe two) on your dashboard. Shut off the engine as soon as possible before your engine is damaged. For more updates contact at apex auto parts.
Apex Auto parts has some expertise in the offering and dispersion of amazing Engine Parts
a4gee
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
Options: Winter pack,Parking sensors,Dynaudio,Tyre indicator,Pano roof,GT steering wheel badge,VW Mats, rubber/premium,Headlight and led upgrade interior/exterior,Metal pedals inc foot rest,HK sills,R lights,Cup holder for rear,Concealed ashtray,Auto coming home headlights.

Post by a4gee »

There are 2 water pumps in the car! (2.0tsi) A primary and secondary one.
I never knew until mine went. I kept topping it up as it sealed when it got warm.

The engine will go into protection mode hence the decrease in speed revs
Dodii

Post by Dodii »

I ended up changing the water pump for about 450£ in the end. Latest problem was the drive shaft was making a loud squeaking noise and the front left wheel lugs kept getting loose so had that changed at 40,000 miles. :(