Headunit Problem

Everything about the R for potential owners.
scirocco_r
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: APR Stage 1 | Res delete | VWR racing panel air filter | ESC spacers

Headunit Problem

Post by scirocco_r »

Good Morning All,

Newbie first post.

I was driving to the gym this morning and weirdly the head unit (not sure of the model but it is the factory installed large touch screen with four buttons on each side and a horizontal slot to load a cd complete with separate cd function control buttons) flickered and went blank.

When the car external lights are on the 2x4 side buttons and top control buttons for the cd player illuminate but the large touch screen remains blank.

I've tried pressing the side and top buttons but the head unit refuses to come back to life or even eject the cd :(

Also I can toggle to VW audio using the steering wheel controls but I cannot achieve anything - I can't pull up anything related to audio - no sound control, no radio stations and no cd details.

Any ideas as to the issue and solution?

Cheers
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Headunit Problem

Post by Cuprabob »

Sorry, can't help with your specific problem but from your description the unit you have is an RNS510, which might help when searching for infornation.
theweeman
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box
Options: To be continued.....
Location: Manchester - Bo'ness and Glasgow originally though.

Post by theweeman »

I realize this is probably sorted now, but just press and hold the power button for 10/15 seconds and it will reboot the unit. Has happened to mine a few times.
steve_sciroccoR370
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: APR stage 2+
Milltek cat-less turbo downpipe
CTS turbo outlet pipe
IE CAI kit
GFB DV+ VTA
Res delete
Upgraded HPFP
Audi R8 red coil pack
Forge coolant pipes
ECS intercooler
ECS wheel spacers
Leyo Motorsport paddle shifter extensions

Post by steve_sciroccoR370 »

This is probably sorted now but if not:

The same thing happened with me. After testing VW advised the head unit was dead and needed replacing - I didn't go down the VW route as the replacement head unit was crazy expensive but instead bought and installed this head unit:

Pioneer SPH-DA230DAB Car Audio System & Complete Volkswagen Stereo Fitting Kit Bundle

I purchased via Car Communications (model no SPH-DA230DABCTKVW01KIT) for shade under 400 quid before tax.

Good luck