- 1 What are the Model Year Spec Changes?
- 1.1 MY2010 (introduced at week 21 of 2009)
- 1.2 MY2010.5 (introduced at week 45 of 2009)
- 1.3 MY2011 (introduced at week 22 of 2010)
- 1.4 MY2011.5 (introduced at week 45 of 2010)
- 1.5 MY2012 (introduced at week 22 of 2011)
- 1.6 Range Revision (introduced at week 14 of 2012)
- 1.7 MY2013 (introduced at week 22 of 2012)
- 1.8 MY2013.5 (introduced at week 45 of 2012)
- 1.9 R Discontinued 2013
- 1.10 2014 Facelift
What are the Model Year Spec Changes?
- Note: Not all changes are specifically UK/Scirocco.
MY2010 (introduced at week 21 of 2009)
- Coat hook moved from headlining to B pillar
- New range of steering wheels - as fitted to Golf MK6
- New instrument cluster - as fitted to Golf MK6
- MFD changed from red to white display
- DAB radio aerial moved from roof to side window
- Bi-xenon headlights £860
- Winter pack with bi-xenon headlights £305
- Winter pack with bi-xenon headlights and leather upholstery £200
- Digital oil temperature indicator with highline computer
- Optional 19-inch Lugano alloys £615
MY2010.5 (introduced at week 45 of 2009)
- Needle design change on speedometer – additional black line around the outside of the needle.
- RNS 510 navigation system to include integrated voice control. For details of specification, see below.
The voice control is enabled by either the multi-function steering wheel or the head unit. A choice of commands on the head unit will enable you to say what you want The Navigation commands are: navigation, map, enter country, enter city, enter up to five digits of postcode, enter house number, enter junction, activate route guidance, stop route guidance. The Radio commands are: channel (name), channel (number), frequency, next channel, previous channel, bandwidth, channel list, memory list. CD commands are: CD, next CD, previous CD, title (number), next title, previous title
- 2.0 210PS, and 2.0 140PS TDI CR - visual gear change recommendation for manual gearboxes displayed in multifunction computer
- All trims - air-conditioning controls - change to design
- Optional GT - new 'Individual Leather' in Cornsilk Beige/Black Vienna leather (not in conjunction with Candy White) - £1,940 including VAT. Only £335 more than existing single colour optional leather.
MY2011 (introduced at week 22 of 2010)
- Second ESP lamp in instrument cluster so there are separate on/off lights.
- Flat tyre indicator fitted as standard on cars with 17" and 18" wheels.
- Mobility self-sealing tyres standard.
- Hill hold function added to all manual gearbox cars (already standard on DSG).
- Opal Silver, Pewter Grey and Shadow Blue colours discontinued.
- Silver Leaf, Indium Grey and Night Blue colours added.
- 1.4 160PS TSI - TSI badge is now all red instead of just a red S and I.
- Scirocco R - Tyre repair kit replaced with a space-saving spare wheel.
(1.4TSI 122 with 6 speed manual box available from 1st January 2010, no ACC as standard)
MY2011.5 (introduced at week 45 of 2010)
- Optional multi-function display in colour. Price: Scirocco £230, Scirocco GT or R £180
- Optional new RNS 315 satellite navigation system (now DAB and Bluetooth compatible). Price £570.
- Alteration of gearshift lever for DSG.
- Dark Oak (P0P0), replaces Sumatra (7C7C).
- Hands free profile telephone preparation replaces rSAP telephone preparation. Price £240. Doesn’t include multifunction steering wheel. Existing orders will be built as ordered unless amended by Retailer before production is confirmed.
- Scaling discontinued on climatic dial switch and interior sensor removed from vents and footwells.
- Electronic climate control rotary dial changed to matt black.
- Optional Recaro part-leather sport seats. Price £3,230.
- Electronic climate control rotary dial changed to matt black.
- Week 38: Rear roof spoiler was replaced with standard Scirocco spoiler from week 38.
Scirocco 2.0 TDI 140 PS
- BMT manual 2.0 TDI 140 PS manual Scirocco 118 (134) £21,500
Scirocco 2.0 TDI 140 PS
- BMT DSG 2.0 TDI 140 PS DSG Scirocco 129 (145) £22.800
Scirocco GT 2.0 TDI 140 PS
- BMT Manual 2.0 TDI 140 PS Manual Scirocco GT 118 (134) £22,680
The bracket numbers are the old co2 figures the others are the new co2 figures
MY2012 (introduced at week 22 of 2011)
- Optional bi-xenon headlights now include LED rear number plate lights
- Drivers can now switch off the vehicle’s Electronic Stabilisation Programme (ESP) and Anti-Slip Regulation (ASR) systems for sportier driving.
- Start-button chrome (with keyless entry)
- Mobile phone preparation plus for RNS315
- Transition from blue to white display RCD210/310
- RNS315 Update: Display target distance/arrival time for intermediate targets, display for traffic sign recognition
- RNS510 Update: Display target distance/arrival time for intermediate targets, support WMA, 10.0, Navi omission media (data are pre-installed)
- Update mobile phone preparation plus: new languages, display of SMS update for new phones
- Media-In Update: Improved media detection
- Two new wheel designs introduced.
- 17inch Kent
- 18inch Lakeville
- The symbols on the Climatic air-conditioning have changed from ‘Lo’ to ‘ACMax’
- NOTE - From Aug 1st 2011 Bluetooth prep is standard.
Range Revision (introduced at week 14 of 2012)
- Price drop for the entry level version by £420
- RNS 315 touchscreen satellite navigation added to all models as standard
- Multifunction steeringwheel and 17-inch ‘Long Beach’ alloys standard on base model
- ACC Adaptive Chassis Control is now optional on base model
- Nappa leather upholstery is now standard, along with heated front seats
- ACC, 2Zone electronic climate control, front fog lights, heat-insulating tinted glass from the B-pillars back and 18-inch ‘Interlagos’ alloy wheels now all standard
R-Line spec added
- GT spec plus bodykit, bespoke bumpers, side skirts and 19-inch ‘Lugano’ alloy wheels as standard
- Nappa leather R Line sports seats, an R Line wheel and chrome pedal covers
- RNS 315 satellite navigation and Nappa leather upholstery are now standard
MY2013 (introduced at week 22 of 2012)
Scirocco All models
- Optional Oryx White special paint (0R0R) £900
- Cosmetic alteration to manual gear knob
- Symbol change on the left button in the instrument cluster for the clock
- Permanent Bluetooth pairing display in instrument cluster
- Standardisation of vehicle jack information – pictograms instead of text
- Optional Driver Alert System £70
- Symbol changes to standard ‘Climatic’ air conditioning control panel. ‘AC’ to ‘A/C’; ‘ACMax’ to ‘MaxAC’; Defrostmax to maxDefrost; change of direction for air recirculation
Scirocco GT / R-Line / R
- Symbol changes to standard 2Zone climate control panel control panel. ‘AC’ to ‘A/C’; ‘ACMax’ to ‘MaxAC’; Defrostmax to maxDefrost; change of direction for air recirculation
- Symbol change on 2Zone climate control panel. ‘Dual’ button now ‘Sync’
MY2013.5 (introduced at week 45 of 2012)
Reversing camera option added @£185
R Discontinued 2013
The Scirocco R was discontinued at the end of 2013 as VW stopped making the turbocharged EA113 engine. It is scheduled to reappear with the EA888 engine in 2014.
In February 2014 Volkswagen released details of the facelifted MkIII version (on sale August 2014).
Engine updates to give the following
- 1.4 TSI: 92 kW / 125 PS (+ 3 PS); 5.4 l/100 km / 125 g/km CO2.
- 2.0 TSI: 132 kW / 180 PS (+ 20 PS); 6.0 l/100 km / 139 g/km CO2.
- 2.0 TSI: 162 kW / 220 PS (+ 10 PS); 6.0 l/100 km / 139 g/km CO2.
- 2.0 TSI: 206 kW / 280 PS (+ 15 PS); 8.0 l/100 km / 187 g/km CO2.
- 2.0 TDI: 110 kW / 150 PS (+ 10 PS); 4.1 l/100 km / 107 g/km CO2.
- 2.0 TDI: 135 kW / 184 PS (+ 7 PS); 4.3 l/100 km / 111 g/km CO2.
All engines (except 280PS R model) have Stop/Start and a battery regeneration mode.
All engines (except 1.4TSI) have optional DSG gearbox.
- New front and rear bumper designs including horizontal slats similar to the Mk7 Golf GTi
- New light clusters front and rear. The front bi-xenon units now incorporate LED daytime running lights (DRLs) with unique signature. Regular light clusters are also redesigned with the DRLs in the bumper light unit with the indicators and fog lamps.
- Front parking sensors now available.
- Dynaudio Excite sound system and park steering assistant.
- New rear light clusters are LED on all models and extend further in to the boot lid with a new signature 'C-shape' VW style and blend with a new harder lip across the middle of the boot lid.
- Number plate lights LED as standard.
- Rear VW badge now hinges to work as the boot release.
- New optional 17-inch ("Shanghai") and 18-inch ("Lisbon" and "Salvador") alloy wheels. 17-inch "Long Beach" wheels are standard. The 18 and 19-inch "Talladega" wheels are now available as options on non-R models.
- Five new colours; standard "Pure White“, "Flash Red" and "Urano Grey“, and metallic "Ultra Violet" and "Pyramid Gold".
- R model gets standard door mirror housings in "matt chrome", "R" styled side sill extensions and the brake callipers painted black with “R” logo.
- New standard 18-inch and optional 19-inch "Cadiz" alloy wheels.
- Rear R bumper now has large air outlets on the edges.
- Three new auxiliary instruments integrated above the centre console are included as a standard: charge pressure, chronometer and engine oil temperature.
- Air vents now sit flush to the dash.
- New tubular look instrument cluster and new dash graphics.
- New steering wheel design.
- Sliding blind fitted as standard to the storage compartment by the handbrake.
- New interior trim options. "Matthew" (a tartan design with titanium black seat surfaces), as well as "Greg" Alcantara which is available in the hues "Ceramique", "Deep Mocca" and "Titanium Black"; as well as “Vienna” leather in the colour variants "Ceramique", "Sioux“ and "black in carbon style". Also new: the light upholstery trim "Ceramique" for the lower section of the dashboard, door trim panels and the centre console which is offered in addition to "black".
- R model gets "Race“ seat covers with the "R" logo and crystal grey stitching, black roofliner, "Carbon Race" inlays, glossy "Piano Black" radio faceplate, multifunction leather sport steering wheel and door handles and stainless steel pedals. The specific "R" instrument needles are traditionally blue and the aluminium "R" logo sill kick plates.