Headlight Removal (Halogen lights)
To take the headlight out.......
- Switch the Headlights ON against a garage door or wall and mark the beam position (For checks after re-installation)
Mark the horizontal beam line and the upward "tick" area line slope. (Obviously done in early evening light.)
- Ignition & Light Switch OFF. (Battery can stay connected)
- Put protective tape on the bumper area below and in front of the headlight to protect the paint finish.
- Do the same with tape around the metal Front Wing that sticks out over the Headlight unit clear lens cover to protect the paint.
- Find the multi-pin connection at the back of the Headlight unit in the engine bay and disconnect. (Orange circle)
- Now looking at the top "banana-ish" shaped black metal plate, remove the 5 bolts circled in the photo below. (Red circles)
- Remove the "banana-ish plate to reveal the forward lower mounting screw (Forward Green circle), remove.
- In the engine bay side of the lamp rear black body backshell lower down, remove the rear bolt. (Rear Green circle)
- The Headlight is now free to draw forward over the Front Bumper, taking car not to score the protective taped areas and damage the paintwork.
- Reverse of above to fit.
Bolt Torque settings:
- Metal Plate 3 small bolts - 8Nm.
- Metal Plare 2 large bolts - 4.5Nm.
- Lower part of Headlight - 4.5Nm.
- When installed and electrically connected, switch on the headlights to check working and also with the alignment markings on the wall. http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/roccopedia/index.php?title=Headlight_adjustment