im annoyed!!!! VW are copying me :(

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
ryancooke
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

im annoyed!!!! VW are copying me :(

Post by ryancooke »

im annoyed!!!! one of the main dudes at vw today told me there buying a white scirocco and doing the same to it as mine, to put in there showroom :no: i am not best pleased, especially as ill have to work my arse off and do the same work i did before so someone can come along and buy it :(

rant over :yes:
MY CARS IS SOLD 21.5K BETTER OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Zarger
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather Seats
Parking Sensors
Winter Pack

Re: im annoyed!!!! VW are copying me :(

Post by Zarger »

BAH!!!, you love the flattery really, although i am sure you wont like a replica out there. You will have to think of a new addition to yours to reclaim your individuality :D
LCM
In: Deep Black
Options: Anthracite Leather - Dynaudio - Parking Sensors - Electric Mirrors - No Badge - Winter Pack - Mats - Tyre Indicators - GT Steering Wheel Badge - Metal Pedals - Premium Cills - Private Plate T20 ROC. Superchips Bluefin Remap 250bhp/400Nm

Post by LCM »

Can give you some advice on copyright law!!!

Shame yes, annoying yes but what a f@cking compliment - sounds like a promotion or a pay rise should be coming your way - every cloud and all that :yes:
My Roc was fast - but now its FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roc On!!
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

didn't the spanish dealer beat you to it thought ryan, roof wise anyway :D
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
ryancooke
Options: xenons, folding mirrors, dynamic audio, floor mats (free) autoglym (free)

now modified with dump valve, boost gauge in custom made vent, "gt" steering wheel badge, carbon fibre badges, rs4 wheels, lowered 35mm, private plate S18OCO, custom de-cat and cat back exhaust with quad tips, air filter behind fog lamp heat wrapped, customised front bumper grills painted gloss black, customised rear bumper smoothed and lower spoiler painted gloss black, mouldings and mirrors sprayed in gloss black, gloss black roof and rear spoiler, colour coded dash trims, door trims, centre console trims and rear seat trims, led fog light bulbs, s3 intercooler, audi a4 "S line" gear knob, newspeed hi-flow throttle body pipe, newspeed hi-flow turbo pipe, uprated dog mount bush, front to back and side to side quickshift, 20mm front spacers

Post by ryancooke »

yeah the roof, but they want to copy exactly, except for the carbon badges ofcourse, and the rs4 wheels, and the smoothing of the reflectors, and the lowering, or the engine mods, but still!!!! lol
ryancooke

Post by ryancooke »

hopefully i will get a mag feature to show i was the first one to do it, i just want to be acknowleged for the work i have done thats all, i have sent some pics to performance vw and golf+ mag, so i will see what happens :yes:
Zarger
Options: Leather Seats
Parking Sensors
Winter Pack

Post by Zarger »

I would love to get a copy of any story done on your car m8, tip us off when sorted.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

If PVW / Golf+ feature that i'll cancel my subscription.

No offence but its just some paint and wheels, hardly ground breaking. . . . Readers rides perhaps, but not a full feature :shrug:
TurboTrev
In: Deep Black

Post by TurboTrev »

Andy-GTI wrote:If PVW / Golf+ feature that i'll cancel my subscription.

No offence but its just some paint and wheels, hardly ground breaking. . . . Readers rides perhaps, but not a full feature :shrug:
I take your point, and I don't like what Ryan has done. BUT it is probably the most modified new shape Scirocco in PRIVATE hands and a lot of people will want to see it. Not everyone is prepared to do what Ryan has done to a brand new £20k+ car. So until more modified cars are out there, it is worthy of a full feature IMHO. When the MK5 GTI first came out, I lowered mine, put a bodykit on, added big wheels and it was featured for the very reasons I have outlined above and it later got the car of the month for that issue at the end of year awards.
ryancooke

Post by ryancooke »

its an OEM+ car, its using what you have got in the VAG range and the original car and addapting it to make it better with subtle changes, rather than putting big stupid wheels on it and bodykits with spoilers, as turbotrev says there has been a few new models that have come out and been featured in the magazine for a few minor but good changes, as the car is unique at the time because no one else has dared to change it because of the price of the car, and how new it is.
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

ryancooke wrote:its an OEM+ car, its using what you have got in the VAG range and the original car and addapting it to make it better with subtle changes, rather than putting big stupid wheels on it and bodykits with spoilers, as turbotrev says there has been a few new models that have come out and been featured in the magazine for a few minor but good changes, as the car is unique at the time because no one else has dared to change it because of the price of the car, and how new it is.
Don't preach to me about 'OEM+', I've got a MK2 in the garage thats more 'OEM+' than your rocco will ever be.
Anyway, OEM+ is about selecting Parts from across the range and not just paint. . . . .

The original price of the car has feck all to do with it

Your rear bumper black paint aint even original anymore, another white on on the other forum posted a pic today. . . :rolleyes:
ryancooke

Post by ryancooke »

Andy-GTI wrote:
ryancooke wrote:its an OEM+ car, its using what you have got in the VAG range and the original car and addapting it to make it better with subtle changes, rather than putting big stupid wheels on it and bodykits with spoilers, as turbotrev says there has been a few new models that have come out and been featured in the magazine for a few minor but good changes, as the car is unique at the time because no one else has dared to change it because of the price of the car, and how new it is.

Anyway, OEM+ is about selecting Parts from across the range and not just paint. . . . .

thats what i said above

Your rear bumper black paint aint even original anymore, another white on on the other forum posted a pic today. . . :rolleyes:

how about the reflectors smoothed in and the line smoothed in aswel as the black bit on the bottom, im quite sure it is different
Candy Monster
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

andy wrote:didn't the spanish dealer beat you to it thought ryan, roof wise anyway :D

And this one which has been about for a while...

http://www.scirocconet.co.uk/forum/view ... p?f=5&t=68

But it's a sweet mod and i'll be doing something similar with vinyl. The MC Chip car looks amazing IMO

Fair play to Ryan for making his car a little different. The black roof should be a dealer option anyway so expect to see a few more.