FISCON or VW Bluetooth?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
ArgyleMatt
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box

FISCON or VW Bluetooth?

Post by ArgyleMatt »

Hay guys,

Have just had a chat with the dealer I'm getting my new roc from about bluetooth, as the car isn't new and wasn't factory fitted with bt I have been looking at the FISCON system.

The dealer has just advised that they can actually fit the original bt system, looking at the other boards the FISCOM system seems very good. Can anyone provide a comparison between this and the original vw bt system?

Cheers

M@
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Re: FISCON or VW Bluetooth?

Post by Shaun »

Try a search http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... =fiscon+vw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW for me
HowardB
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
With a: Manual box
Options: Pano roof, cruise control, LED int. globes, Philips Blue/Extreme Vision main lamps, folding mirrors, retro-fitted RNS-510 & Premium BlueTooth module 7P6035730C, S/S door scuff-plates, black Vienna leather trim, Needle Sweep active!

Post by HowardB »

+1 for the VW one - since they released the latest versions that cater for all phone types. I fitted one myself (off eBay part # 7P6035730C - with UHV/RSAP/AD2P) and it works great with my HTC and iPhone as well as my wife's Nokia and Samsung. I think there's a newer version too, but I don't have that part #...
Ordered: 7 Dec 2009 | Build Week: 17 | Build Stage completed: 3 May 2010 | Collected: 7 Jul 2010

Quote: pictures, or it didn't happen! :D
mickwillow
In: Candy White
Options: Vienna Leather
Bi Xenon Headlights
Winter pack
Metal Pedals
Lux Mats
VW Individual Sills
DAB Radio
Dynaudio Premium Sound
Interlagos 18's
Parking sensors
Electronic folding mirrors
Eos's rear drinks holder
Golf rear vents
VW BT

Post by mickwillow »

Defo the vw unit
maq
In: Deep Black
Options: 19" Black Luganos/Style Pack, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensor, RNS-510 + VIM patch, VW Bluetooth & A2DP, Cruise Control, Aluminium Pedals

Post by maq »

How much is the dealer charging for the unit including fitting? I'm considering a DIY fit myself, but if dealers are open to it and the price is reasonable, well.... :clap:

M.
ArgyleMatt
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by ArgyleMatt »

Dealer is supplying and fitting for 450, which sounded alot until I worked out that fiscon unit was 390 before fitting!
Ri4_Lion
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Shadow Blue

Post by Ri4_Lion »

Bluetooth only! :)
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

ArgyleMatt wrote:Dealer is supplying and fitting for 450, which sounded alot until I worked out that fiscon unit was 390 before fitting!
Thats still about £250 for fitting though :fall:
johnjm
In: Candy White
Options: SatNav (retro), PDC, Votex kit, R-line rear bumper, s/r

Post by johnjm »

VW. Why not buy it for GBP300 off ebay and fit it yourself?
rococco
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Viper Green

Post by rococco »

HowardB wrote:+1 for the VW one - since they released the latest versions that cater for all phone types. I fitted one myself (off eBay part # 7P6035730C - with UHV/RSAP/AD2P) and it works great with my HTC and iPhone as well as my wife's Nokia and Samsung. I think there's a newer version too, but I don't have that part #...
Was it difficult to fit? Do you have a link to the instructions you followed? Is there prerequisite equipment (a certain stereo, etc.)?

I am curious as my dealer claimed that Bluetooth could not be retrofitted to my car.
HowardB
Options: Pano roof, cruise control, LED int. globes, Philips Blue/Extreme Vision main lamps, folding mirrors, retro-fitted RNS-510 & Premium BlueTooth module 7P6035730C, S/S door scuff-plates, black Vienna leather trim, Needle Sweep active!

Post by HowardB »

rococco wrote:
HowardB wrote:+1 for the VW one - since they released the latest versions that cater for all phone types. I fitted one myself (off eBay part # 7P6035730C - with UHV/RSAP/AD2P) and it works great with my HTC and iPhone as well as my wife's Nokia and Samsung. I think there's a newer version too, but I don't have that part #...
Was it difficult to fit? Do you have a link to the instructions you followed? Is there prerequisite equipment (a certain stereo, etc.)?

I am curious as my dealer claimed that Bluetooth could not be retrofitted to my car.
The dealer is talking twaddle ;)
Was moderately easy to fit, about 5/10 rating to do it properly - it took 2-3 hours for everything and some patience to route the mic wire - I used Drew-za's guide for the Golf 6 on the VW Club site in South Africa - excellent guide with good instructions and pictures. If you can't access the site/thread, PM me and I'll mail you a PDF of the thread.
I didn't remove the whole A-pillar cover, just carefully tucked the mic wire just behind the A-pillar cover on the windscreen side carefully using the plastic tools, ensuring it wasn't interfering with the airbags. Also did not remove the roof lining for the top of the windscreen routing - you can also tuck the mic wire behind the lining of the top of the windscreen.
My BT unit is behind and just below the RNS unit, and I covered it with the Anti-slip Mat, per the thread - works brilliantly, and no rattles - fits very snuggly in the space behind the aircon controls.

I was going to make a full "How To" but with the VW Club thread covering everything, it seemed a bit pointless :D
Shout if you get stuck or need further guidance.
Ordered: 7 Dec 2009 | Build Week: 17 | Build Stage completed: 3 May 2010 | Collected: 7 Jul 2010

Quote: pictures, or it didn't happen! :D
Timmos1983
Options: Great tunes.

Post by Timmos1983 »

Excuse me if im being thick, but this is compatible with the RCD 510 isnt it?

I was following that step by step thread easily, until it got to all that coding business... Is it as complicated as it sounds?

Edit: just realised i woulnt need to code anything as im using my existing RCD 510. :shake:
IM THE GREATEST
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

you do need to code in the telephone system as your car won't have been set up for it, it can't work what it doesn't know is there.
that thread linked is slightly misleading as it codes in an RNS upgrade as well as coding in the telephone system that has been installed.
Timmos1983
Options: Great tunes.

Post by Timmos1983 »

I have emailed my local dealer for a quote to get this installed properly. Im worried ill cock something up to be honest. I can get it done for £400 by MobileSolutions just down the road from where i work.

http://www.mobilesolutions.uk.com/vehic ... -phone-kit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Is £400 too steap for what it actually gives me though. :/
IM THE GREATEST