Best way to sell a 86 Scirocco GT ??

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
scratchfree

Best way to sell a 86 Scirocco GT ??

Post by scratchfree »

Hi guys,

Looking to sell my rocco, now its in great condition, id say interior is best original in the land... 64k on the clock and was in top running order with a weber carb and ronal alloys.

Now the bad point in a haste i started to dismantle engine to start restoring it, well can i remember how to put it all back ?? noooo...

So do you guys think ill be best to pay a mechanic to put it all back £300ish i guess and sell it running sweet and looking sweet ? or sell it for parts ? or sell it as it is sold as seen resulting in less money but no outlay...

Cheers

James
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Re: Best way to sell a 86 Scirocco GT ??

Post by trix »

James

It looks like a gorgeous example however we are in the very large percentage mk3 scirocco people here so wouldn't know where to start :S you would probably be best asking on http://www.sciroccoregister.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; about mk2's
S
Johlsson
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: * Premium Package
* Sports Package
* Titan Black (Catch up)
* Interlagos 8x18
* DynAudio
* Climatronic

Post by Johlsson »

Dayum, if it is as good as it looks, please don't sell it as parts, try to find someone who can take care of it! =)
goatboy
In: Salsa Red
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather!

Post by goatboy »

I saw a similar question to this on pistonheads a while back (it wasn't you was it?)
It looks fantastic but the mk2s don't seem to be a collectors item (yet) so I don't know what the chances are of someone wanting a non runner. And if they do they might just break it which would be a crying shame.

I say get it fixed and running but I know having to shell out can be painful when you are about to sell!

In fact keep it and pay someone to put a 1.8T engine in!
caprinolaw
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Bi-Xenon Headlights, Cruise Control, Scirocco Floors Mats, Boot Liner

Post by caprinolaw »

If its going to cost £300 to put the engine back together then i would reckon that you would get a bigger difference than £300 for a runner vs a non-runner.
Jay.

30.06.2010 - Rocco ordered.
09.09.2010 - Rocco delivered.