Standard spec seat comfort. It's good.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
gibbsy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Indium Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Standard spec seat comfort. It's good.

Post by gibbsy »

One of my main concerns when having any car is the seat comfort. I have quite a serious spinal problem, so seat position, support and comfort is high on my list for any car. After having bought a Ford Focus with so called 'sports' seats I found I could not drive or be a passenger in for more than 30 minutes, it really did make me ill. So ordering the Roc was a leap of faith, especially with no lumbar support, even the crappy Focus had that.

Now we had to take the very pretty Cocker Spaniel that sits in the boot to the vet for her booster jabs. I was driving and my wife went to the back to get her out and forgot the paper work which was in the glove compartment. I lent over to get it out and 'pop' my back went. Agony, when it goes it is serious. I just sat back in the seat and felt the support to my lower back, even more incredible with the DSG I was even able to continue to drive.

I got in the car today as a passenger and got out after 45 minutes feeling better than when I got in. My greatest worry about the Roc has now been well and truly laid to rest. Another thing, it rides a lot smoother than my previous Volvo.
goatboy
In: Salsa Red
Options: Leather!

Re: Standard spec seat comfort. It's good.

Post by goatboy »

thats great news, there is nothing worse than an uncomfy seat.
Years ago my girlfriend at the time had a mk3 fiesta and I could only be in it for about 30 minutes before my back was agony, and I don't even have a bad back!

I'm picking my scrirocco up later this week and it does have the lumbar support so I hope I find it as comfy as you do yours...
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

The seats are fine but surely getting in an out of a Rocco isnt ideal if you have a bad back !!?
Gronk
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box
Options: Bluetooth, cruise, metallic

Post by Gronk »

Shaun wrote:The seats are fine but surely getting in an out of a Rocco isnt ideal if you have a bad back !!?
You want to try getting into a 3 series Coupe in a tight parking space. Mine was the MSport spec which meant it was low, had v.wide doors & big seat bolsters...didnt as much get in, rather fall in! In comparison the Scirocco is a breeze!
lancs_lad
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: DAB Radio, Parking Sensors, Multi Function Steering Wheel, Tyre Pressure Sensors

Post by lancs_lad »

gibbsy wrote:Now we had to take the very pretty Cocker Spaniel .
That makes 2 "pretty Cocker Spaniel" owners on the forum then, perhaps we should ask for our own sub forum :D
gibbsy
In: Indium Grey
Options: Very pretty Cocker Spaniel in the boot

Post by gibbsy »

Shaun wrote:The seats are fine but surely getting in an out of a Rocco isnt ideal if you have a bad back !!?
The seats are really no lower than on my previous Volvo, however the wider doors make getting your legs in much easier. I don't bang my head either because I'm a hobbit. :D