People with xenons read

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
kane1210
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Rising Blue
Bi-Xenons
19" lugano's alloys
RNS510
Bluetooth Phone Prep
Voice control

People with xenons read

Post by kane1210 »

With all the bugs about at the moment, how annoying is the wiper blast every 4 times spraying the lights and ruining my clean car with soapy water stains :grumpy:
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Re: People with xenons read

Post by ayeaye »

Should that be happening - I thought that the headlight spray only triggered on the 4th screen spray if the headlights (as opposed to DRLs) were on?
martdy
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

Theres also a little trick you can do (certainly on earlier MY09 cars) . If you pull the wash wipe lever twice quickly it wont spray your lights just the windscreen. Or you can remove the fuse - I think its number 38 from memory. Have a search it's on here somewhere! :yes:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control
RW1
Legend
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
Options: Black Leather, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Leather, Fogs, 2 Zone Air Con, MF Steering Wheel, Factory Carpet Mats

Ordered 12Jul'09, provisional build Wk43, now 42 (05/08/09), PRODUCTION CONFIRMED Wk43 (30/09/09), Driving 04Nov09.

Hi from Sunny Stopfordia

Post by RW1 »

Dash Fuse Box - SC36 20A pulled, stops the headlight washer pump motor. Pulling SC38 will shut off the Central Electrics! That will certainly stop them working and a lot more lol.

Ref: The fuse bibles

C.
Week 43 Build has happened on time! 22 Oct'09 Scirocco is at Check Point 5 in the factory
23 Oct'09 Now Complete on the dockside, 24 Oct'09 Sailed from Portugal, 27 Oct'09 In the UK,
29 Oct'09 at dealers
Driving 4th Nov. Sorted!
mordred1973
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Post by mordred1973 »

Oooo I'll have to try the double pull and see what happens, altho not trying it for a few days after cleaning and polishing the car yesterday lol
martdy
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Post by martdy »

RW1 wrote:Dash Fuse Box - SC36 20A pulled, stops the headlight washer pump motor. Pulling SC38 will shut off the Central Electrics! That will certainly stop them working and a lot more lol.

Ref: The fuse bibles

C.
Sorry,terrible memory . I need to quit drinking.......... :fall:
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control