Am I sad or what ??

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Sootchucker
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Am I sad or what ??

Post by Sootchucker »

Well chaps, the Rocco has left the factory bound for the UK, so expect to get her in the next few weeks or so.

With that in mind, I've been collecting various bit and pieces to do some "upgrades" as soon as she arrives.

Complete Centre console rear end with cup holder and air vents (also have the vent pipes to perhaps conect to the front to get them working). Not that I regularly carry rear passengers, it's just that I think the rear of the Rocco arm rest looks, sort of unfinished and cheap, especially when you come from a MK5 for 5 years that's had them.

Covered storage area at front (MK5 version with 4 buttons)

Central sliding cup holder (also have the additional rubber mat and original metal VW bottle opener)

Chromed Exhaust Trims (Skoda Part)

DSG Metal pedal kit (including the removal tool)

As well as these I also have:

Stainless Steel Door sill trims from hkb5varient (fantastic quality).

R style Gloss black centre console trim (don't like the silver version in the GT)

Door warning lights complete with harnesses (removed from my MK5 Golf - Exactly the same part).

genuine VAG Mud flaps front and rear

LED Side lights.

Werkstatt Acrylic Kit.

and Finally, my RNS-510 to replace the RCD-510 (which will go into the wifes brand new Polo when it arrives).

Oh, I'm also going to try and see if my MK5 Golf underseat storage drawers will fit on the Rocco. There's a chap on the Greek Rocco forum that done this, and as I already have them (will be removing them from the Golf as I retro fitted them myself), it won't cost me anything to try. I'll let you know how that one turns out.

Think I'm going to be busy

Do you think I've gone mad :D :D :D
Last edited by Sootchucker on Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
juniorbanks
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue

Re: Am I sad or what ??

Post by juniorbanks »

busy yes mad no as these mods are becoming fairly standard on this forum
dinger19
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors,mats,bluetooth.

Post by dinger19 »

Hi,yes you are going to be busy.:)the Skoda chrome exhaust tips are they a good fit and would you have the part number and price.
Ian_Mac
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS 510, Leather, Winter Pack, Reverse Sensors, Electric Seats, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Xenons, Electric Folding Mirrors, Metal Pedals. Sadly gone now. :-(

Post by Ian_Mac »

Do you mind if I ask where you bought the DSG pedals from, was it just at the dealers?

Thanks
Sootchucker
Options: Bluetooth, RNS-510 Nav, Parking Sensors, Dynaudio, Cruise Control, Folding Mirrors, Winter Pack, Puddle lights, covered cup holder, rear air vents (working), door warning lights)

Post by Sootchucker »

Ian,

yes at the dealers, part number 1K2 064 205 @ £76.66 + vat = £91.99 inc VAT. Purchased on the 08/03/11.

Also purchased the pedal removal tool T10240 @ £6.84, but TBH, as soon as I've changed mine, anyone who wants to borrow mine (to save them having to buy one themselves) is welcome to borrow mine FOC.
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

dinger19 wrote:Hi,yes you are going to be busy.:)the Skoda chrome exhaust tips are they a good fit and would you have the part number and price.
Well as I haven't got the car yet, I can't confirm but a friend has them and tells me the fit is perfect.

Part number is 5L0 071 910. £24.10 inc VAT from the Skoda Dealer.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

Sootchucker wrote:
dinger19 wrote:Hi,yes you are going to be busy.:)the Skoda chrome exhaust tips are they a good fit and would you have the part number and price.
Well as I haven't got the car yet, I can't confirm but a friend has them and tells me the fit is perfect.

so significantly cheaper than those listed in the VW accessories brochure :eyepop:
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
dinger19

Post by dinger19 »

Sootchucker wrote:

Thanks,but how reliable is your friend good I hope....... as here goes £24.10. :)
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

Well, put it this way. I measured the exhaust tips from a 2.0 GT 140 TDI in the dealership, and they measured 60mm OD.

the internal diameter of the trims (between the fixing lugs, not the actual ID of the pipes themselves) is 57.5mm. So allows 2,5mm of compression for the metal tags to bend and grip the pipe, so it "should" be OK

Also, on the box although it's designed for a Skoda Yeti, it does say :

For engines

1.2TSI and 2.0TDI CR 81/103KW (the 103KW being my model).

Guess I'll know in a couple of weeks ?

Pleeease don't hold me responsible :shake:
dinger19

Post by dinger19 »

Now ordered should arrive at the dealers Wednesday.:)thanks again sootchucker.
Ian_Mac
Options: 19" Lugano's, RNS 510, Leather, Winter Pack, Reverse Sensors, Electric Seats, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Xenons, Electric Folding Mirrors, Metal Pedals. Sadly gone now. :-(

Post by Ian_Mac »

Sootchucker wrote:Ian,

yes at the dealers, part number 1K2 064 205 @ £76.66 + vat = £91.99 inc VAT. Purchased on the 08/03/11.

Also purchased the pedal removal tool T10240 @ £6.84, but TBH, as soon as I've changed mine, anyone who wants to borrow mine (to save them having to buy one themselves) is welcome to borrow mine FOC.
Thanks for that, you're a bad influence ;) just ordered from the dealer, picking up on Wesnesday. :nod:
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

Ian_Mac wrote:
Sootchucker wrote:Ian,

Thanks for that, you're a bad influence ;) just ordered from the dealer, picking up on Wesnesday. :nod:
haha, catching isn't it Ian ? :D :D
Jeffao
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
Options: Vienna Leather, Bi-Xenon's, Pano Roof, Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Cruise, Elec Folding Mirrors. Smokers Pack (for covered storage area), BMT, Coloured MFD, Tyre pressure Ind.
RNS-510 SatNav (video-in-motion enabled) + Voice Control & safety camera database, VW Bluetooth (iPhone5) Led Drl's.

Post by Jeffao »

dinger19 wrote:Now ordered should arrive at the dealers Wednesday.:)thanks again sootchucker.
Do report back please, sounds like a steal, i'm poised ready to order!

Just phoned my local dealers, apparently they're on back order to Skoda UK eta about a week

Good find btw Sootchucker thanx
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Sootchucker: You should've bought a kit car, for all the work you'll be doing!

Could've saved you a job on the "front cover" of the console - just spec the smoking pack for an extra £15 (I did, too late for you though, and I think there's a rear ashtray rather than potential for further cup holders). The uncovered cup holders on a standard Roc are cheap-ass of VW, much prefer the sliding cover that you'll be fitting (and was in my MK5 Golf) - what would VW have charged extra for this if it was an option, £15-20 maybe? Not sure if I can be bothered to buy and fit a new one (how much was it by the way?) when I get my 170TDI in May.

Will be getting the aluminium pedals and some sill plates (not sure if i'll buy official premiums or the £50 delivered HK ones).

Will also be getting LED sidelights and changing DRLs through VAGCOM to sidelights instead of dipped beam, as soon as I can find a local VAGCOM owner willing to help out or buy a cheap lead.

Did you buy the pedal set from VW dealer or Skoda/Audi dealer? The Octavia Scout/VRS uses same pedal set and I wondered whether they'd be cheaper from Skoda than a VW dealer.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
paul_devon
Options: Electric folding mirrors,
Badge deletion,
Reverse sensors

Post by paul_devon »

I don't mean to sound dumb, but was that £24.10 for the pair of exhaust tips, or for each tip?
dinger19

Post by dinger19 »

I was advised by the parts department its a pair.:)
nubsy
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: leather, interlargos 18" alloys, front fog's, tinted window's.

Post by nubsy »

Bro bought a pair of 60mm chrome tips off ebay £8. for his golf, has had them on for about a year and a half now and still lookin like new. No fixings.. just used heatmate on inside of the tip to help hold them on and job done. Perfect fit.
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

Maisbit,

TBH i got the parts for a steal from German Ebay. All the rear parts and the covered central cup holder for €35 delivered. They were all brand new still in the original VW boxes as well.

As for the ashtray/cubby hole, i already had a sapre one from my current MK5 GT TDi (knew it would come in useful some day)
Ian_Mac

Post by Ian_Mac »

I've just ordered one of these cheeky chappies to compliment the metal pedals

Seemed a shame to leave the footrest untouched. 8)
Sootchucker

Post by Sootchucker »

I was looking at these as well Ian, but didn't like the big screw holes, although I know a large number of people on the Golf side that love them. Seem very well made as well.

I have one in my Golf made by a chap on the Golf forums called Gulfstream, whih looks identical but doesn't have the rubber inerts. I've run this for the last few years but have now removed it from the Golf in preparation for it going, and am going to fit this in the rocco. However, I have had a cunning plan re the rubber inserts and have ordered something which will hopefully work (for the princely sum of £2), so I'll keep you posted of developments.

I know it would have been easier to get the OSIR one, but at £50 plus those big screw holes, especaially when I already had a alloy footrest in the Golf, just didn't make sense