Replacement wipers

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Sanders83
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Bi-Xenon lamps

Replacement wipers

Post by Sanders83 »

Hi all,

Finally got tired of the cheap nasty wipers tapping on the windscreen constantly and am going to get a pair of better ones. Anyone here got any recommendations? Shame cos they wipe quite well, just cheap plastic is so brittle and non flexible in the cold.

Thanks

G
andyd68
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Pewter Grey

Re: Replacement wipers

Post by andyd68 »

I've always found that with the rocco and the Golfs I had previously that you can't go far wrong with the genuine VW wiper blades. Not that cheap but they are up to the job. IIRC I think they are made by either Bosch or Valeo
Sanders83
Options: Bi-Xenon lamps

Post by Sanders83 »

Valeo I think. It just gets annoying as the roads are bumpy in places here and all you hear is tap tap tap on the windscreen. Lol!

I could always change them for the Bosch ones when the time comes.
maisbitt
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Valeo official VW ones are junk, get some Bosch Aerotwin A980S, got these a few weeks ago after putting up with the Valeo ones for 2 years (3 sets under warranty, each as bad as the last). They are £21.73 delivered from Aceparts, although someone might show them to be cheaper elsewhere. Mine were delivered next working day.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
jonallen628
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Vienna Leather, 19" Talladegas, RNS-510, 6CD, Dynaudio, Rear Parking Sensors, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Electric Drivers Seat.

Post by jonallen628 »

Replaced my 2 yr old blades with VW ones. Now smear free and silent. See how long it lasts but from memory the factory fit ones were never this good. £36 though. Bosch and Valeo ones are cheaper on the net but needed them straight away when my current ones fell apart and dealer had them on the shelf. F.Y.I halfords don't stock blades for the roc although I suspect they maybe the same as the Eos ones.
08/11 - 12/13 2.0 TSI R DSG, Black / Black Vienna
01/09 - 08/11 2.0 TSI GT DSG, Black / Truffle Vienna

Black is the new Black....
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Post by ayeaye »

jonallen628 wrote:Replaced my 2 yr old blades with VW ones. Now smear free and silent. See how long it lasts but from memory the factory fit ones were never this good. £36 though. Bosch and Valeo ones are cheaper on the net but needed them straight away when my current ones fell apart and dealer had them on the shelf. F.Y.I halfords don't stock blades for the roc although I suspect they maybe the same as the Eos ones.
Depends on the store I guess - Halfords stock Bosch AM980S (which is the new multi-clip version of the A980S) and their own brand is set 128 from memory - not that I've ever tried their own brand ones.
discowill
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Black Leather, RNS510, Rear Sensors, Cruise Control, Luxury Mats & Full Promotional Vinyl Wrap coming soon

Post by discowill »

Found these on eBay for £20.70 - http://bit.ly/g4m2oo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Update: They work a lot better than previous VW versions, and fit the scirocco perfectly.
Last edited by discowill on Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andyh79
In: Night Blue

Post by Andyh79 »

Sorry for being stupid... but I would have thought that the factory fit blades would be VW ones... what with it being a VW after all..
How come there's only cheap crap ones on as standard?

I may be being thick here, but just a thought..
ayeaye
Options: Candy White Scirocco - August 2009 - March 2013
Now replaced with a MINI Cooper S

Post by ayeaye »

Andyh79 wrote:Sorry for being stupid... but I would have thought that the factory fit blades would be VW ones... what with it being a VW after all..
How come there's only cheap crap ones on as standard?

I may be being thick here, but just a thought..
Factory fit ones are made by Valeo - I've always found Bosch ones to be better personally.
happymum67
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: rear parking sensors,factory matts.premium sills,rear cupholder,front fogs

Post by happymum67 »

Yea,after reading your comments I ordered the bosch blades. 1 minute to fit and now smear free.A lot better than the factory fitted rubbish