Retrofitting a RCD510

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
SpootNICK
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Opal Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: PDC, Cruise Control, Leather, Paddle-Shift Gear, ECC, Bluetooth

Retrofitting a RCD510

Post by SpootNICK »

Hi guys,

Just retrofitted a RCD510 into my 09 Roc. The car came fitted with a rcd310, so instead if upgrading through the dealer i chose to buy a unit on ebay and fit it myself. It really is a simple plug and play job, and the bluetooth kit/PDC intergrated without a single glitch. While I was at it I installed a small powered sub under the passenger seat. Tapped into the rear speaker channels for feed, and took the ignition source from the cigarette lighter. Total job took 2 hours, and the end result looks and sounds awesome. Total upgrade cost less than 350 pounds equivalent, bargain!

Im in South Africa - the 510 did not come standard n our Roc's.
ktmdave
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: BiXenon headlamps
front fog lights
510 6CD radio with touch screen
Chip Logic 200HP ECU flashing
Custom paint on grill surround
Kufatec BlueTooth module
Heated leather seats
Cruise Control

Re: Retrofitting a RCD510

Post by ktmdave »

My 140 Tsi came with the RCD510 (I was lucky - it had the bi-zenons, fogs and RCD 510 - all as I wanted)

BUT - please tell me more about the powered sub that you installed.
I am in Cape Town david@jetvac dot coza
The Don
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Post by The Don »

Where is the mic for the cars buiolt in bluetooth? is this installed even if you dont get phone prep, and becomes active when you buy the head unit?
Shaun
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Reflex Silver
Options: RNS510, DSG, leather, 19" Talladega's, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, front covered cup holder, rear cup holders, piano black cubby hole, Audi R8 oil cap

Post by Shaun »

The mic is in the interior light unit on the roof, and if you didnt spec bluetooth it wont be there, you need the mic and a loom that goes back to the headunit.
SpootNICK
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Opal Silver
Options: PDC, Cruise Control, Leather, Paddle-Shift Gear, ECC, Bluetooth

Post by SpootNICK »

Hi,

The bluetooth kit that i installed is a Parrot unit that i bought From these guys.

https://www.1stvwparts.com/product_info ... ts_id=1090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It intergrates with the headunit, stearing wheel controls......and I installed the mic infront of the steering wheel below the the instrument cluster. Very easy install.

There are a few powered subs available. I think the car sound geeks in SA call them 'bakkie' subs. It fits under the passenger seat very easily. Mine is an Audio Bank powered sub with a built in amplifier.

Hope this helps