Why are the rear lights not LED....?

Everything about the R for potential owners.
stephen_belfast

Why are the rear lights not LED....?

Post by stephen_belfast »

Hi guys...

I haven't taken delivery of my R yet but I have been wishing for some design changes that would do the Scirocco R a favour...

1. Golf R rear lights on Scriocco R.
2. 4WD Scirocco R

Has anyone else any further changes or spotted any annoying omissions...

Keep er lit.

Stephen
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Re: Why are the rear lights not LED....?

Post by Chungster »

You will soon realise that the R was built on the cheap....

Personally having owned a Mk5 GTI beforehand the R didn't come with simple things like covered ashtray, covered centre cup holder, flip down rear cup holders. Since retro fitted those.

LED rear lights would have been nice touch like Golf R.

4WD was always going to be reserved for the Golf R. The Roc R is a sporty coupe and keeps the weight down also sticking to FWD. Besides they wanted to promote how the XDS system can control powerful FWD negating need for 4WD (like how Ford and Renault have managed)
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

Chungster wrote:4WD was always going to be reserved for the Golf R. The Roc R is a sporty coupe and keeps the weight down also sticking to FWD. Besides they wanted to promote how the XDS system can control powerful FWD negating need for 4WD (like how Ford and Renault have managed)
Its more the fact 4wd Scirocco Shells aren;t being built as the factory isn;t equipped to do so for a relatively low volume car.

TheGolf already had an existing 4wd shell and produciton line, so it was easy to raid the parts bin and bolt it up.

Easy enough to do to the R if you wish though, essentially "only" just a new boot floor required metal work wise. ;)
(if my 6 numbers come up next year i'll build one :nod: )
b0rk
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Used to have an R...

Post by b0rk »

In fairness to the rococo things like covered ash tray, cup holders etc have also been omitted from mk6 golfs... Vw have just simply cheapened the specification across models.

Doesn't 4wd also require a new centre floor to accommodate the driveshaft and haldex centre diff? if anything isn't 4motion more of a golf r exclusive as I don't think vw offer many normal golfs with in system in mainland Europe.