Recording to Hard Drive

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
SciroccoSteveToo
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Leather
Sat Nav

Recording to Hard Drive

Post by SciroccoSteveToo »

What format does anyone use to record the music, I thought it was wma, but wouldn't load this morning.
:grumpy:
mordred1973
In: Salsa Red
Options: 2nd Jan 10 redroc arrived:GT 2.0TSI, Salsa Red, Xenon's, Winter Pack, Pano Roof, Parking Sensors, Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, Leather, Electric Seat, RNS510 Fiscon bluetooth, beep on locking, revo stage 1 and sill protectors

Re: Recording to Hard Drive

Post by mordred1973 »

Hi Steve

the couple of albums I loaded to the HDD were in MP3

I've only put a couple of just to see I could do it, the rest are either on a memory stick or ipod....

Chris
HowardB
In: Rising Blue
Options: Pano roof, cruise control, LED int. globes, Philips Blue/Extreme Vision main lamps, folding mirrors, retro-fitted RNS-510 & Premium BlueTooth module 7P6035730C, S/S door scuff-plates, black Vienna leather trim, Needle Sweep active!

Post by HowardB »

Also using MP3 @ 320kbps rate - sounds good. I haven't tried any other formats though...
Ordered: 7 Dec 2009 | Build Week: 17 | Build Stage completed: 3 May 2010 | Collected: 7 Jul 2010

Quote: pictures, or it didn't happen! :D
mickwillow
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather
Bi Xenon Headlights
Winter pack
Metal Pedals
Lux Mats
VW Individual Sills
DAB Radio
Dynaudio Premium Sound
Interlagos 18's
Parking sensors
Electronic folding mirrors
Eos's rear drinks holder
Golf rear vents
VW BT

Post by mickwillow »

Hi
Im using a seagate 250 Gb HDD from Tesco £38 and it works a treat , I thinks its a bit quicker than my ipod too.

You just have to re-format it to FAT32 using some software downloaded from seagate's website called "DiscWizard",
This is because windows will not format a usb HDD to FAT32 bigger than 32GB ,
the software does it for you in minutes, then you can put all ur music on it

Here's the link for the software
http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?l" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ryy
In: Viper Green
Options: Sat Nav, Heated Leather Seats, Dynaudio, Kit with 19" alloys, 30mm Front / 20mm Rear Lowering Springs, Folding Mirrors, Interior Mats, REVO Stage 1, Carbon wrapped bits and bobs.

Post by Ryy »

I'm happy with the 18GB the unit gives me as I only select songs I want to listen to (one or two from an album etc), thank god for the steering wheel otherwise I'd be skipping tunes all the time on the head unit. But with my unit being restricted to 2GB SD, I think a HDD may be in order. Just need a caddy as I can get a HDD to fit it elsewhere.