Scare moment

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
VchrisW
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Scare moment

Post by VchrisW »

So I was washing my one week old Roc on Sunday, had been to a jet wash and then driven home and hosed down again and started to use my mitt.

As I started to dry it I noticed on the roof what looked like laquer was peeling off in two small places. Now I know everyone may say this is paranoia striking, but under the "peeling laquer" the paint looked a different colour so I was pretty concerned that maybe it had been dinked on the transporter and had a cheap touch up which was now coming through.

Anyhow went to my local VW dealer on Monday morning, and I must say they were very helpful, they displayed true concern for the issue at hand.

The warrenty guy came out and removed the peelings and explained that this is probably left over gum from the protective sheet that was on the veichle, looks absolutely fine now.

Even though it wasn't anything major I was really impressed with the promt and friendly service i got, and I feel confident that should anything go wrong with the ROC VW will sort it pretty quick!
martdy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Dynaudio with DAB,PanoRoof,Parking Sensors,Tyre Indicator,Non Smoking Smokers Pack,Cruise control,Folding Mirrors, Prem Mats/Sills,Gt Badge/Metal Pedals,Fiscon Bluetooth.

Re: Scare moment

Post by martdy »

Nice to hear a positive outcome from a dealer visit for a change ! Although they should have noticed it at the PDI stage
Rising Blue,DSG,Vienna Leather,Winter Pack,Pano roof,Folding mirrors,Dynaudio/DAB,Park Sensors,Cruise, Flat tyre indicator,Prem Mats+Sills,Metal Pedals,Gt Badge,Fiscon,Covered cup holder/rear cup holders.Now gone Piano Black with new Climate Control