A deal or no deal?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
S8N
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Sunfoof, Vienna Leather, parking sensors

A deal or no deal?

Post by S8N »

Hello Roccos...

I could do with a small piece of advice. Does this sound like good value?

58 plate Scirocco GT with 4k miles (sept 2008). Pearlescent black, pano sunroof, tracker, vienna leather with winter pack. The price? 20k.

I have asked about reversing sensors & cruise (both are needed for me) and they reckon no retro-fit on cruise (but it appears that some lucky chaps have here). Is that totally true on the cruise?

The main thing is does it sound like a good price or should I kick them harder for a harder deal? I am not taking finance (they can stuff their 12.5% apr when my mortgage lender will give me 7.9%!) and trading in my TT MK2 Coupe (long ardous painful story of woe).

Help me Roccos, I am still not sure!
Tallguy

Re: A deal or no deal?

Post by Tallguy »

Does not look a bad deal compared to some pre-registered well specced Sciroccos where dealers are asking prices that are totally out of touch with the current marketplace. Still always worth trying for a bit more; the worst they can say is no!
cole trickle
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Anthracite leather, Sat Nav, Parking sensors, VW mats, cruise control, Revo remap, Sachs clutch and Quaife LSD

Post by cole trickle »

You can definitely get cruise control fitted after. I'm pretty sure Awesome GTI do it and I know of people who have had it fitted by other 'independent' mechanics.
'Rubbin' son is racing'
Candy Monster
In: Candy White
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

S8N wrote: I have asked about reversing sensors & cruise (both are needed for me) and they reckon no retro-fit on cruise (but it appears that some lucky chaps have here). Is that totally true on the cruise?

try this thread... http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... ?f=2&t=584
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

S8N wrote:I am not taking finance (they can stuff their 12.5% apr when my mortgage lender will give me 7.9%!)
Wow, you are being ripped off mate, my new mortgage is set at 4.0%!

The car sounds like a good deal to me, I assume its Manuel not DSG?
I paid 27k for mine... :(
drnick
In: Rising Blue
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Post by drnick »

would this be the one at Hyde? listed at £20999?
Bagwafu
Options: Truffle, Panroof, Both Sensors, Cruise, Dynaudio, Lecky Seat, Mats, Pedals, Sills, Steering Wheel GT Insert and LifeShine. Parrot Bluetooth. GTI Fast.

Now with APS Remap and Milltek Cat Back Non Resonated

Post by Bagwafu »

robrob wrote:I assume its Manuel not DSG?
Does it come from Barcelona ??!!
gossa
Options: Scirocco's gone, MKVI GTI is replacement.

Post by gossa »

If it is a manual then no it's not a geat deal in my opinion.

I bought same spec but with DSG for £21K a couple of months ago and prices have definately dropped since then.

As for cruise, officially at the moment you cannot get the kit fitted from VW as they are waiting for a new kit for the Scirocco, i'm waiting on one and that is what I have been told. However retro fit cruise is only £160, cheaper than £200 factory option.
robrob
Options: SAT-NAV, PAN SUNROOF, LEATHER, PARKING SENSORS, CRUISE CONTROL, WINTER PACK, FOLDING MIRRORS.

Post by robrob »

Bagwafu wrote:
robrob wrote:I assume its Manuel not DSG?
Does it come from Barcelona ??!!
LOL, :clap: :clap: :clap:
Sorry for the typo...
S8N

Post by S8N »

drnick wrote:would this be the one at Hyde? listed at £20999?
Yep. It's a DSG. I beat them up a bit more last night. Got it under 20k (after some serious haggling). Deal is done, collecting friday.

Going to wait for the cruise kit to be approved and having alternative bluetooth fitted seeing as the new kit is remote sim profile only (stupid Nokia thing!).

I am dead excited. I am sad to trade in my TT after just 4 months but the car just isn't the quality I was expecting from Audi and it's poverty spec against the Scirocco.

Thanks for the advice guys!
morrissey
Options: Golf R, 3 door, manual, leather, sunroof, 19" alloys, ACC, cruise, comfort and storage packs

Post by morrissey »

S8N wrote:
drnick wrote:would this be the one at Hyde? listed at £20999?
Yep. It's a DSG. I beat them up a bit more last night. Got it under 20k (after some serious haggling). Deal is done, collecting friday.

Going to wait for the cruise kit to be approved and having alternative bluetooth fitted seeing as the new kit is remote sim profile only (stupid Nokia thing!).

I am dead excited. I am sad to trade in my TT after just 4 months but the car just isn't the quality I was expecting from Audi and it's poverty spec against the Scirocco.

Thanks for the advice guys!
S8N,

interesting you are going from Audi to VW - I'm doing the same in two weeks :)

Have you posted your reasoning on the TT forums - I'd love to read the reaction :nod: send us a link ;)
S8N

Post by S8N »

Oh I have. The TT is poverty spec and the lack of rear seats has turned out to be considerably harder to live with than I expected.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

S8N wrote:The TT is poverty spec and the lack of rear seats has turned out to be considerably harder to live with than I expected
real shame, still love em, i sat in the back on the test drive and walked away from that reason, not to mention the ticking of lots of option boxes, was gutted and amazed i preferred the s3 (sure the extra ponies helped and 4wd to pursuade me)
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2