ST race

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
danbailey77
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Rising Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Sat Nav with Dynaudio, Parking Sensors, Winter Pack, Folding Mirrors, Cruise, Flat Tyre Indicator and mats.

ST race

Post by danbailey77 »

Hi guys,

Was on my way back from Gatwick last night and firstly someone nearly missed their junction on the M25 cos they were overtaking me to have a look but also had an orange ST try to race me. Came up to a roundabout on a dual carriageway and he pulled up next me. As we came off the roundabout and went for it I left him for dead. Not sure how much the DSG helps as on paper the cars seem virtually identical in performance.

Loved it....
drnick
With a: Manual box
Options: leather, Nav, Park sensors

Re: ST race

Post by drnick »

Ha ha ha, well done mate! Everybody seems to want a race don't they? I keep having to remind myself that people eyeballing me are looking at the car, not the driver!!!
LCM
In: Deep Black
Options: Anthracite Leather - Dynaudio - Parking Sensors - Electric Mirrors - No Badge - Winter Pack - Mats - Tyre Indicators - GT Steering Wheel Badge - Metal Pedals - Premium Cills - Private Plate T20 ROC. Superchips Bluefin Remap 250bhp/400Nm

Post by LCM »

Porsche Boxter, MK5 GTI, VW Corrado, and various BMW's all had the same fate :clap:
My Roc was fast - but now its FASTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Roc On!!
rehmondo
In: Candy White
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

I can't wait to get mine re-mapped.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Post by wigit »

you boys :)

when autocar did their awards the scirocco (no track warrior) was quicker than a mountune ST around the circuit despite the bhp difference, amazed me, there is a focus haters page on facebook
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
greeper
Options: DVD Satellite Navigation, Leather (black), Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack, Folding Mirrors, Premium sills, Boot liner, Alloy pedals, Parrot 3200LS

Post by greeper »

ST isn't a very good track car, as an ST owner (255bhp and 360lb/ft of torque) I believe the Rocco would be faster on a track and on normal roads as it handles better. Most magazine reviews have clocked the Rocco at around 6.5 to 62 much better figures than VW have published, the ST rarely achieved its target 0-62 in magazine reviews.

The ST may have more power but it has more weight and it is very difficult to get all of the power down and control the torque through the front wheels. The ST is a great car and most magazines have either had the GTi or ST as their favourite hothatch for most of the last three years, however, the Rocco is an easier car to handle and drive quickly imho.

I would expect the Rocco to outperform most of the current hothatches that don't use 4 wheel drive and some that do. ... that is until the next round of hothatches come out (RS, new GTi etc) ;)
albertz33
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

Well, if thats anything to go by, fifth gear showed a Mk5 GTI beat a new impreza STi round the track in Isle of Man, said the Golf put its power down better, and the 4WD of the impreza just added to the weight, so if the Rocco's better, is it time to bait some scooby's? :D
wigit

Post by wigit »

i should be posting some time for you guys having had had consent, all i will say is 0-60 in 5.6s for a manual (it is brutal how they did it), watch this forum
CTRnutter
In: Reflex Silver
Options: Winter Pack, Leather, Alu Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Side Sills, Superchips Re-Map, Milltek Non-Res, K&N Induction Kit

Post by CTRnutter »

andy wrote:i should be posting some time for you guys having had had consent, all i will say is 0-60 in 5.6s for a manual (it is brutal how they did it), watch this forum
Looking forward to it Andy :)

Hopefully it will back up my findings against the R32 :)
Car is now Sold!!!!! BMW 7 Series for now as nice and big but holding out for something a little special as my toy :)
wigit

Post by wigit »

will have in gear times against tt,gti, ed30/pirelli, and r32, intersting reading given your feedback CTR and the R32, having gone head to head with our GTI on the m40 this week before the figures arrived it ties with my thoughts