How to : LED licence lighting and Remote Power

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
vwchico
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

How to : LED licence lighting and Remote Power

Post by vwchico »

Hi

Just thought i'd share my knowledge, the licence plate lighting does not throw an error code when changing to LED lights so no need for load resistors.
I have made my own led lights for the number plates, very simple you need 3x 5mm White LED's and 1X 1/4watt 470 Ohm resistor.
All are placed in series, the resistor will limit the current to 30ma and the series arrangement of the LEDs will ditribute the voltage to around 3.3volts.
The LED's are a total of 6(3 a side) and its much brighter than BMWs or Lexus lights. You could probably use SMD LEDS as well they will work with the same circuit arrangement.

For powering external amplifiers and you looking for ignition power( when car is switched on power is provided) you can source power from Fuse 41, this is the fuse usually used for electric seat warmers.
PhilS

Re: How to : LED licence lighting and Remote Power

Post by PhilS »

either that or the rear wiper is another good source good to know on the leds ill save all mine from my a3 when i transfer over
Ibanez33
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Mats, Electric folding wing mirrors, parking sensors, Sil protectors, Philips Crystal vision bulbs.

Post by Ibanez33 »

Are there any before/after pics anywhere to what the end result looks like?
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

heres some pics of the external ones http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 06&start=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

can't find any internal led pics at the mo but they are there somewhere in the mod squad lights section.

S
Ibanez33
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Mats, Electric folding wing mirrors, parking sensors, Sil protectors, Philips Crystal vision bulbs.

Post by Ibanez33 »

Thanks trix.

Those look pretty good....

I think its really is time for be to become better acquainted with the search button.