Roc R ride height

Everything about the R for potential owners.
jamiekets
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: 19" Alloys, Leather, Electric Folding Mirrors, Dynaudio, Mobridge Bluetooth

Roc R ride height

Post by jamiekets »

I had my Rising Blue Roc R delivered yesterday and I am generally very pleased with it, but I am a bit concerned over the ride height.

On my Golf Mk5 GTI, the distance between the tyre and the wheel arch is about 50mm whereas on the Roc it is over 70mm.

Does new suspension 'settle' over time and is it likely to settle by around 20mm?

Cheers
Jamie.
sirdmc
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: DSG,Sat-Nav, rear sensors

Re: Roc R ride height

Post by sirdmc »

It won't settle that is its ride height,unless the dealer hasn't PDi'd the car properly and left the storage blocks in!! You would notice!!
jamiekets
Options: 19" Alloys, Leather, Electric Folding Mirrors, Dynaudio, Mobridge Bluetooth

Post by jamiekets »

No storage blocks - the dealer drove it about 200 miles to my place yesterday and I have been out in it twice.

It just looks way to high to me, especially compared to other pictures of a German Rising Blue one that I have seen (unless that has been lowered), although mine seems to be about the same height as other people on here who have posted pictures.
DSCF1181.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
spamdog
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

If you have 18" wheels this could look like the gap is larger ...although it is actually the same as the 19's
jamiekets

Post by jamiekets »

No, I've got 19" alloys.
polo classic
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: H&R Ultra-lows and BBS RS-GT 9,5 20

Post by polo classic »

The difference is due to the arches on the Scirocco are higher (compared to the top of the front struts for example). This is because VW did compromise. They wanted a "wedge" and sharp look to the front end of the car, but was not willing to compromise with the lower ride height needed for the top of the wheels to be close enough to the arch for good looks. OEM Sciroccos looks like Scirocco Cross.........
jamiekets

Post by jamiekets »

This looks more like how it should be.
vw-scirocco-r-6.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

thats the promotional car & therefore highly likely to have been lowered and/or photoshopped.

S
SilverChariot
Options: Acutally, it's a Golf R.

Post by SilverChariot »

Should have bought a Golf R which has proper lowered suspension. :lol:
Golf R - 5 door - DSG - Rising Blue Metallic paint - 19" Gloss Black Talladegas - Leather - RNS 510 - Parking sensors - Cruise control

spamdog
Options: Sat nav, leather, reverse sensors, folding mirrors, 19" wheels, Dynaudio.

Post by spamdog »

SilverChariot wrote:Should have bought a Golf R which has proper lowered suspension. :lol:
Hmm, extra £2000 to scrape over speed humps?
No thanks
Anakin
Options: 19" wheels Leather, DVD Nav Dynaudio, Phone prep, cruise control and folding mirrors

Post by Anakin »

spamdog wrote:
SilverChariot wrote:Should have bought a Golf R which has proper lowered suspension. :lol:
Hmm, extra £2000 to scrape over speed humps?
No thanks
Can have a nice set of KW v3's for 1100 and HLS (hydrolic lift sysetme) for about £100 a corner more
Solar Orange TT RS
Evil Derboy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Deep Black
Options: Leather • Nav

Post by Evil Derboy »

Ride height on all Scirocco's is too high. Fitting lowering springs was the first thing I did after I got mine. You can get a set of H&R springs that will work nicely with your 19s, will barely effect ride comfort and still work with your ACC system for around £150+fitting.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

35mm is prolly too much. VWR's kit is 20mm which I could be tempted with.
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Post by Deacon »

GTI2RocR wrote:35mm is prolly too much. VWR's kit is 20mm which I could be tempted with.
I wouldn't be so sure on this. The VWR kit is a KW kit. Wigit has the KW's on his car and they are lower than my Eibach's even though the Eibach's are supposed to lower further. I've seen cars on Eibach, KW and H&R now and it seems that the KW and H&R's lower around the same amount. The Eibach's around 5mm-ish less

Deacon
playing in my '86
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

The R is lower as standard, so any drop by using the GT springs will be less.
Chungster
Options: One of the 1st Roc R owners in the UK :)

Post by Chungster »

But VWR would be making a big trade description boo
boo if it's not 20mm! They could of course get KW to make them a special batch of 20mm springs to VWRs spec and requirements. Anyway might be meeting wigit there soon so I'll ask them then.
Deacon
Options: Tuned 1.4tsi - gone but not forgotten!

Post by Deacon »

GTI2RocR wrote:But VWR would be making a big trade description boo
boo if it's not 20mm! They could of course get KW to make them a special batch of 20mm springs to VWRs spec and requirements. Anyway might be meeting wigit there soon so I'll ask them then.

As Andy said above GT springs will lower less on the R than on the GT so may work out around 20mm as the R is supposed to be something like 10-15mm lower-ish? When I spoke to Matt at VWR I was left with the understanding that the springs were the same as the KW's but with a different colour and the VWR logo. Not sure if VWR will be doing specific springs for the R to a different specification though?

Deacon
playing in my '86
Eric Grispen
In: Deep Black
Options: ACC, Alarm+, Zenec Naviceiver, dark windows, H & R lowering springs, remap 310 Bhp

Post by Eric Grispen »

I will recieve my Black R probably at the end of next week. It will have H&R lowering springs fitted before delivery. I will post some pic's for you guy's so you can see what they do height wise. I have to agree with a earlier poster that this are the same springs that are used tot lower a "normal Rocco". In this case the lowering would be +/- 35 mm, and sinds an R is already 10 mm lower this will result in a lowering of +/- 25 mm . (with is enough from my point of view) :shrug:
jamiekets

Post by jamiekets »

Thanks Eric. I would be very interested to see what an R looks like on the H&R springs as I am very tempted to go down this route.
TonyR83
Options: Model Year 2011
-19" Talladega
-RNS 510
-cruise control
-volumetric alarm
-mirrors pack
-bluetooth Premium (Rsap)
-light assist
-no ACC = DCC in Italy

Post by TonyR83 »

jamiekets wrote:No storage blocks - the dealer drove it about 200 miles to my place yesterday and I have been out in it twice.

It just looks way to high to me, especially compared to other pictures of a German Rising Blue one that I have seen (unless that has been lowered), although mine seems to be about the same height as other people on here who have posted pictures.
DSCF1181.JPG
very nice! do you have the DCC suspension?

Ordered 15th April
Build week 28 (12-18 July)
Charged 2nd August
Expected arrival 6/15 August