New scirocco model, will it effect value of 08/09 models?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Jonny96
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking sensors, Premium mats, Premium sills

New scirocco model, will it effect value of 08/09 models?

Post by Jonny96 »

Just read the other day that all new sciroccos will come out with the new engine from the GTI and a few other upgrades.

I'm a bit worried that as i got mine back in december 2008, its going to effect the value of mine when i come to sell it! Is this just a normal problem when buying a brand new car when it has just come out or is this VW shafting there 08/09 customers? Any thoughts?
gavmac89
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Winter Pack, Sensors, Mats, Metal Pedals and Electric Folding Mirrors, Premium Sills and boot liner

Re: New scirocco model, will it effect value of 08/09 models?

Post by gavmac89 »

Where did you read this about? If there is a "new" model then i would imagine it would as does every other model of car when a new one comes out as its only natural for cars to lose its value although it it seems really early for a new one to be brought out even after the week 45 changes and the fact that the car itself is only a couple of years old. Sounds like a bit of confusion here Jonny96 then again i might be wrong? :shrug:
Jonny96
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Salsa Red
Options: Parking sensors, Premium mats, Premium sills

Post by Jonny96 »

Not a new model as such, an upgrade. I just read this article.

http://www.4wheelsnews.com/vw-golf-gti- ... -scirocco/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

just a bit annoyed that mine is now inferior! :grumpy:
ashley1407
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 140/150
In: Rising Blue
Options: Cruise Control, Metallic Paint, Fiscon Bluetooth, Bleep on locking.

Revo Remap.

Post by ashley1407 »

I think that article refers to the week 45 changes for the 2l Tsi although I could be mistaken.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

yes it is Ash.

Jonny
I can't see that the first scirocco's out willl be affected anymore than any car as it gets older, the changes are not major it is purely vw making more parts common across the various models.

When it gets to a year or so down the line those people looking to buy a second hand scirocco will know very little if anything about these changes they will purely pay for the car based on it being a 2008 (58), 2009 (58) or a 2009 (09), trying to consider them as a 58, 09 (pre may 09 changes), 09 (post map 09 changes), 59 (pre week 45 changes) or 59 (post week 45 changes) if people went looking in this way they would be classed as a serious annorack!!!!!

S