Flat Tyre indicator - Retrofit

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
albertz33
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Viper Green
With a: Manual box
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Flat Tyre indicator - Retrofit

Post by albertz33 »

Wah!

Cant believe i forgot to spec the flat tyre indicator for my Rocco! :cry: :cry: :fall: Only a £35 option, and was a godsend on my GTI, can this be retrofitted by a dealer? im guessing it would cost a sh*t load more than £35.

Anyone on here been as dumb as me?
adamj
In: Pewter Grey
Options: Metallic paint,mats, prem sills, Merlin Cloth, Hatchbag and a nice stone chip on the bonnet.

Re: Flat Tyre indicator - Retrofit

Post by adamj »

I would of speced it in, but my rocco was built when I bought it so I am in the same position as you :rolleyes:
sonnybhoy
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box
Options: Truffle Leather Seats, Cruise Control, Panoramic Sunroof, Elec Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre sensor, Parking Sensors, Sat Nav, Dynaudio, Scirocco Premium Mats - - Scirocco Door Sills, Metal DSG Pedals, GT Steering Wheel Badge, Scirocco Tax Disc Holder

Post by sonnybhoy »

Havent specced it as I didnt want to be paying the finance for a 35 quid option over a few years. Asked the dealer to fit it upon supply of the car and they agreed and for the same cost as the factory fit. I'm going to get them to do the cruise control too and its even cheaper than the Factory option price. Not sure why, it might just be an option at this particular dealer
BLACK 2.0 TSi DSG, Truffle Leather, Panoramic Sunroof, Sat Nav with Dynaudio upgrade, Cruise Control, Parking Sensors, Electrically folding door mirrors, Flat Tyre Sensor,
albertz33
Options: dab radio, dynaudio speakers

Post by albertz33 »

sonnybhoy wrote:Havent specced it as I didnt want to be paying the finance for a 35 quid option over a few years. Asked the dealer to fit it upon supply of the car and they agreed and for the same cost as the factory fit. I'm going to get them to do the cruise control too and its even cheaper than the Factory option price. Not sure why, it might just be an option at this particular dealer
Thanks for the info, will try to get it fitted by the dealer, it shouldnt be hard as these things are i think just an addition to the wiring loom and ecu.
DavidH
In: Rising Blue
Options: Vienna Leather, Xenons, Dynaudio, Factory Bluetooth and Mats

Post by DavidH »

I forgot to spec it on mine too,i didn't realsise it didn't involve extra hardware,TBH i never payed it much attention on the options list.I might do it if it's an easy retro-fit though.
bianco
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Any actual retrofit of FlatTyre?

Post by bianco »

Did any of You actually get the dealer to retrofit the flat tyre system?

My dealer said that he had no idea how to do it.
arlurt
I drive a: R-Line
Options: Changes will be made...
Puddle lights, Cruise and Reversing Camera on the cards.

Post by arlurt »

I'm interested as well...

While I had the ashtray out I had a look to see if there was a loom and connector already there for the indicator, but no such luck.

They can't be doing much to fit it for £35...
gareth

Post by gareth »

Kufatec have developed a retro-fit for the Mark 5/6 Golf (and others)... guess its just time for the Roco??

Maybe send them an email??

Mark 6 Golf:

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info ... cc426d606c

Mark 5 Golf:

http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info ... cc426d606c
Last edited by gareth on Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Le_savage
Options: Anthracite Leather, Panoramic Roof, Winter Pack, premium sills
On the shopping list: MTM remap, Milltek Turbo back Zorst, Eibach 25mm Lowering springs, MTM 19" Bimoto Alloys, MTM 15mm Spacers, 24 bottles of ice cold Stella :o)

Post by Le_savage »

My dealer said that he had no idea how to do it.
Why doesn't that surprise me?
jmn82
Options: Cruise Control, Dynaudio soundpack, Anthracite Vienna Leather, Rear Parking Sensors, Premium Mats and Sills

Post by jmn82 »

I spoke to my dealer on Friday about this as I also forgot to order it, and I was told it would cost £1,500-£2,000 to retrofit it. Valves, sensors, dash reprogramming, tubes and a few other things, meant that is would be complicated and time-consuming to fit.

I'm not entirely convinced he wasn't just giving me a load of bull because he couldn't be arsed though...
I've been Revo'd
BAIKAR
In: Candy White

Post by BAIKAR »

absolute bull ocks!

he doesn't even know how the system works!

Must be the bargain of the century if I added it in the factory for 34 quid. tell him to wise up and go and take five minutes to check instead of giving you that crap
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

I was logged onto erWin the other night trying to find something else, but I did come across an Electrical component guide and in that it showed how to install the Tyre Indicator, unfortunately I bought the €4 option and didn't have rights to print it out etc but certainly there is a guide to retro fit it.

https://erwin.volkswagen.de

Here's the pricing info...
You can choose the duration according to your needs:

* One hour without copyright (only screenshot possible) €4.00
* One day incl. copyright €21.00
* One week incl. copyright €88.00
* 30 days incl. copyright €310.00
* 365 days incl. copyright €2,850.00

The advantages are obvious:

* Unlimited usage within the reserved period.
* Quick access to desired information.
* Access to all vehicle-specific information.
* You work always online with current technical data.
* Depending on selected flat rate, you also can print online service information.
Hope that helps

Please ensure you have Adobe reader v5-8, the latest version (v9.0) does not work with their software - so to avoid wasting someones access time make sure you have everything you need installed before paying for access - I think I lost about 10 mins out of my hour but in the end it didn't really matter I only need 15mins in total.

PS their way of distributing the material is very secure - they use SPDF format and they watermark the document with the users' username - therefore someone can be traced if they decide to pay for full access and then publish all the material they have downloaded.

Obviously there are ways of removing watermarks from PDF's but I'm just giving you guys the heads up.
Chillout
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
Options: 1.4TSI Stage 1++(~220BHP), sunroof, 18" Interlagos, black interior rooflining, premium leather multifunctional steering wheel, electronic mirrors, tinted rear windows, footwell lighting, fog lights, coming/leaving home, mats, smokers pack, media-connection, cruise control and lots more...

Post by Chillout »

I forgot to order this one as well...
is it just a piece of software to be configured, some cables to be connected, or what?
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

Chillout wrote:I forgot to order this one as well...
is it just a piece of software to be configured, some cables to be connected, or what?
Yeah pretty much although most dealers have said it can't be retro-fitted but the guides on erWin seem to point it can easily be done and the cable and button can be ordered through parts.
Chillout
Options: 1.4TSI Stage 1++(~220BHP), sunroof, 18" Interlagos, black interior rooflining, premium leather multifunctional steering wheel, electronic mirrors, tinted rear windows, footwell lighting, fog lights, coming/leaving home, mats, smokers pack, media-connection, cruise control and lots more...

Post by Chillout »

sounds easy...
I guess wiring is already there, and all that has to be done is some routing to the button and activation of the feature through vagcom...
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

One wire need putting in and fit the button and code it.

All the other wiring can be tapped into at the existing buttons.
bianco
Options: All except sunroof, ACC, Dynaudio & rear seats. Lowered a bit for the looks :-)

Post by bianco »

Andy-GTI wrote:One wire need putting in and fit the button and code it...
Any chance that it is the same wire as for the Golf 5 or 6?

It it is, then I will give it at shot with one of these the retrofit-kit:
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info ... -VI-6.html
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/product_info ... -Plus.html
Chillout

Post by Chillout »

As far as I know, the Scirocco is technically equal to the Golf 5, so that should do the trick I think.
PAJ
Options: Folding Mirros, Panoramic Roof, Cruise Control & Parking Sensors

Post by PAJ »

Just wondered if anyone ever tried this retrofit?
bianco

Post by bianco »

Come to think of it, then the undercarrige is big part Passat CC, so maybe one should go for that...