RNS 510 Version A vs Version B

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
OisinT
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Deep Black
With a: Manual box

RNS 510 Version A vs Version B

Post by OisinT »

I did some searching and cannot actually find a direct answer. What is the difference between version a and version b?
OisinT

Re: RNS 510 Version A vs Version B

Post by OisinT »

Also for example, these ones: it says aftermarket, but it looks a lot like the factory one... anyone have any info on these?

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-VW-GPS-NAVIGATIO ... 286.c0.m14" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
OisinT

Post by OisinT »

Ok, he tells me this is a version C which comes with bluetooth and is the newest model. this legit?
johnjm
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: SatNav (retro), PDC, Votex kit, R-line rear bumper, s/r

Post by johnjm »

Be careful - I dont see why the Version C includes BT as its an addon, and is not cheap.

Whats teh part number? Got a link?
OisinT

Post by OisinT »

I was referring to the one in the ebay link above.
regandjuk
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Sumatra
Options: dynaudio, leather, mirrors, electric seat, tyre pressure gauge

Post by regandjuk »

Oisin - this looks dodgy to me. Matter of personal opinion, but the layout etc doesn't look right and the resolution and fonts etc don't look the same as the 510.

It doesn say "aftermarket" radio.......the RNS 510 in the title doesn't state that it is an RNS 510. I would get him to confirm to you first that it definitely is a RNS 510, not an aftermarket rdio that will fit/ duplicate an RNS510
17th October - Now it's finally mine :) :) :)
dkfsk
Options: Dynamic Chassis Control, Bluetooth Premium, Flat Tire sensor, RNS510 Nav. system, cruise control, folding mirrors, Bi-zone air con, Alloy pedals, auto lights, rain sensors, auto rain closing windows, 248 BHP/380NM

Post by dkfsk »

OisinT wrote:I did some searching and cannot actually find a direct answer. What is the difference between version a and version b?
As far as I know it's only a question of the software version on The RNS510.
OisinT

Post by OisinT »

regandjuk wrote:Oisin - this looks dodgy to me. Matter of personal opinion, but the layout etc doesn't look right and the resolution and fonts etc don't look the same as the 510.

It doesn say "aftermarket" radio.......the RNS 510 in the title doesn't state that it is an RNS 510. I would get him to confirm to you first that it definitely is a RNS 510, not an aftermarket rdio that will fit/ duplicate an RNS510
Thanks, I contacted him and he said "this is the RNS 510 version c (the newest version)" something looked dodgy about it to me too... I think I'll avoid him.
I noticed in the description it said that it comes with bluetooth and as far as I was aware from my research, none of them come with bluetooth.
dkfsk wrote:
OisinT wrote:I did some searching and cannot actually find a direct answer. What is the difference between version a and version b?
As far as I know it's only a question of the software version on The RNS510.
So if I get an RNS 510A I can download the B software?
johnjm

Post by johnjm »

That looks like a chinese make. Has USB and GPS card in front whcih is not OEM.

THing is though, if it works with the CANBUS system, these can be very good replacement units, and the price does please - and also prob means that it is not OEM. I dont know why that they make it as OEM, although they dont if you look carefully.

I would go for it only if it worked with CANBUS. Im still looking for a RNS510 for teh SOs Tiguan as Ive already got one in the roc. This could be an option, if someone here is planning to test it first of course :clap:
johnjm

Post by johnjm »

Got this from the seller:
Hello

Thank your for your interest in our product. Yes, the Can-Bus is fully fuction. Should there be anymore question please feel free to contact me at anytime at dannyl@aclub.com
If so then it could be a good copy, but it is a chinese copy of course.
dkfsk
Options: Dynamic Chassis Control, Bluetooth Premium, Flat Tire sensor, RNS510 Nav. system, cruise control, folding mirrors, Bi-zone air con, Alloy pedals, auto lights, rain sensors, auto rain closing windows, 248 BHP/380NM

Post by dkfsk »

So if I get an RNS 510A I can download the B software?[/quote]

Yes I believe so but to be sure, it would be better to get an confirmation from somebody else.

The latest software to the RNS510 is 2660 the previous was 1100 and before that I don't know the number but it must bea lower number and is then supposed to be an A model.