Are you getting any codes or glow plug light now?
Do you still have the old part? Take the part numberd and cross reference it with the new one,
You may have been supplied an incorrect part so worth checking
If it is correct I suspect the part has been superseded to cover other models now and some use both and some only use the one. May I ask what you used to blank the other off? The symptoms you are describing does sound like you may be losing vacuum but I could be wrong.
.
Limp Mode - Boost Pressure Query
-
bigkris06
- Posts: 194
- Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:44 pm
- I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
- In: Pewter Grey
- With a: Manual box
Re: Limp Mode - Boost Pressure Query
Do you have the original part? If so get the part number and do a search for that, I’m not 100% sure but if the egr system's also uses the vacuum system it may cause the additional issues you were having, it’s certainly a massive coincidence that it only started after you changed that part.
My advice would be sort the original problem and go from there.
My advice would be sort the original problem and go from there.
-
bigkris06
- Posts: 194
- Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:44 pm
- I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
- In: Pewter Grey
- With a: Manual box
Re: Limp Mode - Boost Pressure Query
You need something like a mityvac (Amazon do a cheaper version that works pretty well) it pressurises the system and if it holds the pressure then that’s okay,
I would be inclined though still to Google the part number for the original sensor though and get a replacement before you replace anything else.
The other thing to ensure is that the pipe you blanked was the correct one and that it is securely blanked.
I would be inclined though still to Google the part number for the original sensor though and get a replacement before you replace anything else.
The other thing to ensure is that the pipe you blanked was the correct one and that it is securely blanked.
-
bigkris06
- Posts: 194
- Joined: Thu Jun 08, 2023 3:44 pm
- I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
- In: Pewter Grey
- With a: Manual box
Re: Limp Mode - Boost Pressure Query
Glow plug light flashing acts as an engine management light so if it does flash you need to scan the car.
Hopefully the new part will resolve your issue.
Hopefully the new part will resolve your issue.
-
Centi
- Posts: 1
- Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2025 2:56 pm
- I drive a: GTS TSI
- In: Shadow Blue
- With a: Manual box
Re: Limp Mode - Boost Pressure Query
It sounds like you might have a mismatch with the sensor replacement. The two-hose version you got could be for a different setup (maybe for a DPF or another sensor), which might explain the boost issue. The sensor could be giving the ECU wrong readings, or the boost isn't being regulated properly.
I’d suggest double-checking the sensor part number and comparing it with the original one, just to be sure it's a direct replacement. Also, make sure the hoses are routed correctly, as even small differences in setup can affect performance. You might also want to clear the codes and see if the limp mode comes back, just to be sure everything is working properly.
I’d suggest double-checking the sensor part number and comparing it with the original one, just to be sure it's a direct replacement. Also, make sure the hoses are routed correctly, as even small differences in setup can affect performance. You might also want to clear the codes and see if the limp mode comes back, just to be sure everything is working properly.