Flashing suspension mode light - code 00142 and 03264

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Busdriver947
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Flashing suspension mode light - code 00142 and 03264

Post by Busdriver947 »

Hi everyone,

Recently had a flashing light on the suspension ride switch. Had the codes read as Left Front Dampening Adjustment Valve Open Circuit and Function Shut Off.

Have checked the connector visually and which all looks fine and have sprayed contact cleaner. Still flashing.

Used an electric tester to check voltages and resistance and compared results with Front Right Strut connector, both give same reading.

Purchased 2 second hand struts in very good condition and plugged them into the existing connector whilst balancing the strut on the brake disc assembly, light still flashing.

Now it’s possible I’ve bought 2 broken replacement struts but was wondering do I have to have the new second hand strut fitted and the weight of the car on its wheels?

Have tried clearing the 00142 code although comes straight back with the Open Circuit.

Hope someone can point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance

Nigel
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey

Re: Flashing suspension mode light - code 00142 and 03264

Post by bigkris06 »

I recently replaced the springs on mine and inadvertently damaged the abs sensor wiring, it could be something like that, I had to go right back where the wiring goes through the inner wing and do a continuity test. I then had to run a wire from further up to the sensor.
Hope this may help
Busdriver947
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Candy White

Re: Flashing suspension mode light - code 00142 and 03264

Post by Busdriver947 »

Thanks, will try