Intercooler needed for Stage 2?

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
PM91
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Intercooler needed for Stage 2?

Post by PM91 »

Hey guys,

I'm eyeing up getting my Scirocco mapped and thinking of skipping stage 1 and going directly to stage 2 since I have an induction kit + DP installed already.

Is it absolutely mandatory to have an intercooler installed to get a stage 2 done?, has anyone done this and what's their experience or recommendation.

It should be noted it's my daily driver, I'm not racing or doing any sort of mad shit with it, I'm also living in Scotland which I think lessens the need since for the better part of a year it's always in cold air most of the time.

The engine is a EA888.3 CULA version also if that makes any difference.
bigkris06
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Pewter Grey
With a: Manual box

Re: Intercooler needed for Stage 2?

Post by bigkris06 »

There’s a lot more to getting a stage two remap than just an induction kit and DP. Yes you would need a larger inter cooler, but then may need to think about turbos, injectors and fuel pump etc, then maybe an upgrade for the clutch. if it’s your daily and don’t want to change too much maybe stick to stage 1, pop your reg into Celtic tuning and see what figures you can get from a stage 1… you may be happy with them.
Hope this helps 😀