No power and manual key hole wont budge...

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
olechr1337
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Pewter Grey
With a: DSG box
Options: Black leather, ACC, Black badges, Resonator delete, Lowered 40mm, Oettinger remap, Dectane red/clear taillights, R8 coilpack

No power and manual key hole wont budge...

Post by olechr1337 »

So i have a big problem... something must have drained power from the battery and now i cant get the doors open. Tried the manual key hole under the cover by the drivers door and it seems to have never been used and is now corroded... tried some WD-40 etc but it still wont let me put the key in to be able to turn it.. also tried the spare key just to make sure but that did not make any difference

Is there a way off opening the bonnet/trunk from the outside so i can charge the battery?

Any help is really apriciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Phil
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Night Blue
With a: DSG box
Options: Recaro Seats, 19" VW Savannah Wheels, KW DDC Coilovers,R8 Coil Packs, Revo High Flow Intake, Milltek 3.00" Turbo-Back & Hi-Flow Sports Cat, GFB DV+, Rtech PCV Delete, Rtech Stage 2,Remap & Linear Throttle, Rtech Custom DSG Remap, PolarFIS Advanced, Forge Twintercooler

Re: No power and manual key hole wont budge...

Post by Phil »

Yes there is but bare with me......

1) bumper off - look for guide on here somewhere
2) access cable for bonnet release - I can only advise you on this, but we cut a small in the plastic and was able to grab the cable and pull it (very fiddly)
3) someone else push down on the bumper around the area of the badge and it will pop open
Phil
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

Sorry this won't help you but I had the exact same problem the other day with my Up! Keyfob wouldn't unlock the car and the key in the lock wouldn't work either. After a few minutes of puzzlement I realised it wasn't my car and mine was parked a few spaces along...doh!

Hope you get it resolved soon...
skippy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Sat Nav, Leather, electric fold in mirrors, Dynaudio upgrade.

Now sold, but what a fantastic car!

Post by skippy »

That was quite funny Bob, bet you couldn't believe it when you realised you had the wrong car! :)

Just back onto the issue here, I think I would want to persevere with the route of the manual unlock as opposed to taking the bumper off etc. I bought this item last year https://goo.gl/sXSCL6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; from Amazon to remove a corroded bolt on a shower fitment, this may possibly work here although I can see the OP is based in Norway.