Page 1 of 1
Gave the 'roc a bath
Posted: Sun Jan 01, 2017 11:00 pm
by AlanH
Haven't posted in ages, but I gave my Scirocco a good bath yesterday and I was really happy with the results. Didn't really need much decontamination as it was only done in October, but it did need a clean and a protection top up.
No ultra special products used..
Pre rinsed
Generous spray of APC to soften soil
Pressure washed
Autojoy snowfiamed and left to dwell
Pressure washed again
2bm using AG paint conditioning shampoo
Dried with trusty old microfibres
1 coat of AG SRP
finished with 1 coat of PB natty's white
I did notice some light swirling (my poor wash technique no doubt) which I'll have to address as the days get longer and warmer in time for show season.
Sorry about the lack of expertise with the images, I don't get to take many pics of my car these days
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Re: Gave the 'roc a bath
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:24 pm
by 3t3p
looks good despite the flat lighting on that overcast day you were having.
black looks great clean but nightmare colour for mud and swirls IMO. Viper green on the other hand:D
Re: Gave the 'roc a bath
Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:47 pm
by Willyjay212
How do you get rid off the swirls??
Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Re: Gave the 'roc a bath
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:25 pm
by Paddy_R
Car looks great!
Willyjay212 wrote:How do you get rid off the swirls??
Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Machine polishing, the only proper way to do it.
Re: Gave the 'roc a bath
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 1:26 pm
by Willyjay212
Paddy_R wrote:Car looks great!
Willyjay212 wrote:How do you get rid off the swirls??
Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Machine polishing, the only proper way to do it.
Okay buddy
Cheers must buy myself one [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Re: Gave the 'roc a bath
Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:37 pm
by xjay1337
I wrote a detailing guide if you need some help with machine polishing.
http://www.mk5golfgti.co.uk/forum/index ... ic=74892.0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Scirocco's have fairly hard paint so bear that in mind.
Re: Gave the 'roc a bath
Posted: Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:12 pm
by Nick123
Alan you're the only rococo close to me. I live in great barr wondering if you have any Vag Com mods for you're car. Would be great to compare. Get on touch.
Re: Gave the 'roc a bath
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:39 pm
by AlanH
thanks for the replies all. I'm not getting any notifications......
Re: Gave the 'roc a bath
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:43 pm
by AlanH
Willyjay212 wrote:How do you get rid off the swirls??
Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
Machine polishing, time and patience. I use a big old Silverline rotary with Lake Country pads, and my preferred polishes are Menzerna. Perhaps a little of skool, but effective none the less.
Re: Gave the 'roc a bath
Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 10:45 pm
by AlanH
3t3p wrote:looks good despite the flat lighting on that overcast day you were having.
black looks great clean but nightmare colour for mud and swirls IMO. Viper green on the other hand:D
I do have to agree with your opinion of black...
It might help if I used something other than my iPhone to take pictures too!
Re: Gave the 'roc a bath
Posted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:11 am
by AlanH
Nick123 wrote:Alan you're the only rococo close to me. I live in great barr wondering if you have any Vag Com mods for you're car. Would be great to compare. Get on touch.
I've only had my DIS changed so that it displays MPH on it. I had the ROW switched on when I had the car mapped. I wanted needle swwp too, but the channel wasn't available
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk