Just placed my order today.

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Scirocco Bhoy
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Sumatra
With a: Manual box
Options: Parking Sensors, Premium Mats, Dynaudio

Just placed my order today.

Post by Scirocco Bhoy »

Hi all,

First time poster, long time viewer.

I've just ordered myself a 2.0 TSI Manual in Sumatra today. Been looking into it for a while and trying to save up some cash. I'm scrapping a 10 year old Audi A3 so getting quite a good deal on the Scirocco.

I've been reading lots of things on here about them so thanks to everyone for providing me with info.

I've not seen Sumatra 'in the flesh' so i'm a little nervous as to what it will be like but everyone seems to think it's a great colour.

Been told 12 weeks for build and delivery, the dealer couldnt give me a build date. Do they only get this when the order is sent off?

Thanks again
S B
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Re: Just placed my order today.

Post by wigit »

welcome and classy colour choice
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Scirocco Bhoy Welcome!

FANTASTIC!! colour choice :nod: all the great people choose Sumatra :lol:

I'm also scrapping a car in the scirocco deal. your dealer should get the order on the system straight away but don't worry too much about not getting a date immediately they have got alot going on with production schedules at the moment, I ordered 2 weeks ago & haven't got a date yet (my dealer bod is on holiday) but will hopefully get one as soon as hes back

S
Dr_Doug
In: Candy White

Post by Dr_Doug »

Judging by your name I'm surprised you didn't opt for green.....

But anyway....based purely on my own recent experience I'd say 12 weeks might be a little optimistic.

I ordered on 5th of June. That ended up being build week 35 - which means delivery is likely to be late September. I know 16 weeks isn't much longer that the stated 12 - but it does take you precariously close to the 4 month scrappage time limit. This is the reason sites like drive-the-deal won't/can't currently offer scrappage scheme on a Scirocco.

As far as I understand it - you can re-apply for the scrappage allowance if your car does misss the 4 month deadline - but its not beyond the realms of possibility that there will be no money left in the Government fund come October. Especially if a lot of people are waiting for the '59 plate.

Anyway, just something you should be aware of..and should keep your eye on.
Scirocco Bhoy
In: Sumatra
Options: Parking Sensors, Premium Mats, Dynaudio

Post by Scirocco Bhoy »

Dr_Doug wrote:Judging by your name I'm surprised you didn't opt for green.....

But anyway....based purely on my own recent experience I'd say 12 weeks might be a little optimistic.

I ordered on 5th of June. That ended up being build week 35 - which means delivery is likely to be late September. I know 16 weeks isn't much longer that the stated 12 - but it does take you precariously close to the 4 month scrappage time limit. This is the reason sites like drive-the-deal won't/can't currently offer scrappage scheme on a Scirocco.

As far as I understand it - you can re-apply for the scrappage allowance if your car does misss the 4 month deadline - but its not beyond the realms of possibility that there will be no money left in the Government fund come October. Especially if a lot of people are waiting for the '59 plate.

Anyway, just something you should be aware of..and should keep your eye on.

Cheers for the info. Even with the name I'm not going to the green....it's just a wee bit too bright for me! it does look good (as does any colour) but i dont think i'm brave enough!

Hopefully everything should be good for the scrappage. i'll give the dealer a call in a couple of weeks and try to get an official build date for it.

thanks ago for the info
Candy Monster
In: Candy White
Options: Leather, Parking Sensors, Electric Folding Mirrors, Flat Tyre Indicator, DVD Nav, Premium Sills, Alloy pedals, Boot Liner, Custom GT Mats, GT badge, 20s, Cruise, R32 trim, Silver 'A pieces', debadged, White VW badges, Eibach springs, Revo, custom enginge cover, custom air dam, orange rub strips

Post by Candy Monster »

Scirocco Bhoy wrote:Hi all,

First time poster, long time viewer.

I've just ordered myself a 2.0 TSI Manual in Sumatra today. Been looking into it for a while and trying to save up some cash. I'm scrapping a 10 year old Audi A3 so getting quite a good deal on the Scirocco.

I've been reading lots of things on here about them so thanks to everyone for providing me with info.

I've not seen Sumatra 'in the flesh' so i'm a little nervous as to what it will be like but everyone seems to think it's a great colour.

Been told 12 weeks for build and delivery, the dealer couldnt give me a build date. Do they only get this when the order is sent off?

Thanks again
S B
Welcome :D Sumatra looks really nice, I'm sure you'll love it. Make sure you do all your collection checks :nod: