Build week to 'delivery week'?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Dr_Doug
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box

Build week to 'delivery week'?

Post by Dr_Doug »

Impatiently awaiting the arrival of the Scirocco...

Build week 35 (supposedly)...any ideas what 'build week' I should anticipate delivery?

What has been the general gap that people have experienced between build week & delivery? I'm still concerned that my 4 month scrappage window is going to be missed. :?
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Re: Build week to 'delivery week'?

Post by maisbitt »

Most people seem to get their cars around 5 weeks after the build week. Takes a few weeks for the fresh car to get to Germany and do final checks, a week to ship to the destination country's distribution hub, and a week to get to the dealers. Its then anything from a day to a week to get your mitts on it.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Dr_Doug

Post by Dr_Doug »

Its really going to be touch-and-go then...

Build week 35 (24th August?)

Five weeks to get delivered ~ 28th Sept?

My 4 months scrappage limit is 5th October. :eek:
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09
Off to his new home July 2016 after nearly 7 years & 88800 miles.

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Dr Doug

can i ask when you ordered it? i'm using my old car as scrappage against the sirocco & am hoping that its not going to be too tight (although all the other factors seem to be abit fine for me at the moment)

S
Dr_Doug

Post by Dr_Doug »

I think the dealer put the order in on the 4th or 5th of June.

I believe you are allowed a maximum of 4-months between placing the order and the car being registered - otherwise your allocated government £1000 gets put back in the pot. Whether VW would honour their £1000 commitment is doubtful too I imagine.

It has been mentioned previously on this forum that you can 're-apply' but I'm not sure how that would work. Clearly it would involve some sort of 'shenanigans' from the dealer who may or may not be interested in helping.
trix
Options: Gone but never forgotten; Sumatra, Cruise, Parking Sensors, Flat Tyre Indicator, boot liner, hatchbag, premium sills, SciroccoCentral stickers & hedgehog!
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

Yeah i've been told the scrappage payment is allocated for 16 weeks.

Thats got me abit nervous, I only ordered the beginning of last week.

S
Dr_Doug

Post by Dr_Doug »

I'd assumed 4 months meant 4 calendar months. 16 weeks isn't 4 months....unless we 4 have 4 Februarys.

If it is 16 weeks then I'm in real trouble! :(
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

My dealer said 16 weeks but have just found the following on a scrappage faq site

"Are their restrictions on the time allowed from ordering the vehicle to taking delivery?
Yes, the new vehicle has to be delivered within four months of the order being placed. This is because the scheme is time limited with a fixed budget. Dealers will let you know if the required vehicle cannot be delivered within this timeframe and discuss alternatives with you."
http://www.berr.gov.uk/whatwedo/sectors ... 710.html#2

so maybe you're ok

S
trix
Ordered 23rd June 09
Build week 41
Handover 17th Oct 09

Missing RW1

Post by trix »

UPDATE!!

just spoken to my dealer & the scrappage money is allocated when the car is logged, in my case because i'm not using a local dealer it is when I have sent them the documents back, so it may be that they didn't log your car as 'scrappage' straight away when you ordered...
mpu
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140

Post by mpu »

I spoke to my dealer about this and he said it was 4 calendar months, not 16 weeks. I ordered on 28 May and my car is being built in week commencing 20 July. Delivery expected around mid August/early September. I was told the car can be registered as soon as it is in the uk.
Nobby
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

When I ordered on March 21st I was given a delivery date of July 20th, so 4 months waiting time

I called my salesman a few times during this time for news but he didn't seem to be able to give me any reliable info, don't think they are used to people asking questions here !

I hassled him about the 2010 MY changes but he said he knew nothing and could do nothing :grumpy:

At one point told me that it had been built in WK 19 & was in Wolfsburg, then a few weeks later he told me it had been built in WK 25 ! :shrug:

Finally I got the long awaited phone call last night that it will be delivered to the garrage at the end of next week :)
They can register it 8 days after payment, so I put the cheque for the balance in the post this morning :yes: Should be able to pick it up 15th - 17th ish :hyper:

So, I don't know if it will be a 2010 or not, but at least they were true to the original 4 month estimate :clap:
maisbitt
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
Options: Parking Sensors, Smokers Pack (for aesthetics), R gearstick, R pedals, Sliding cup holder cover.

Post by maisbitt »

Unless it's been sat somewhere for a long time (but why would it be?) it will have been built after week 22 if it's only just available to you. It will almost certainly be a MY2010 model.

Register it 8 days after payment? Seems odd - mine was registered to me about a week before I picked it up, and the garage received payment on the day I collected it (via debit card). You might need to pay up about 4 days before you intend taking the car, to allow the cheque to clear, but it seems that the dealer just wants to bank your money about 2 weeks earlier than they need to.

You shouldn't have to pay anything beyond the deposit until you've inspected the car and are satisfied with it.
2013 - Tornado Red MK7 Golf GTD on order
2011-2013 - Rising Blue 170GT
2009-2011 - Pewter Roc 140GT
2007-2009 - Tornado Red Golf 170TDI GT
2005-2007 - Black Pearl Golf 140TDI GT
2003-2005 - Black Pearl Polo 1.9TDI
Nobby
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box
Options: Carat - Top French Spec with Leather heated electric seats, Electric mirrors, Rain Sensor, Auto headlights, Bi-zone air con, Cruise control, Puddle lights, Alloy pedals etc.
+ Sat Nav & alarm (Pack Techno)
+ DCC
+ Parking Sensors & Tyre pressure indicator (Pack City Light)

Post by Nobby »

maisbitt, I agree with you, really I think we shouldn't have to pay until we've OK'd the car

But i guess they make you pay before they register it in case you change your mind, if you cancel they can keep your deposit but they would be stuck with technically a second hand car

I paid with a normal cheque so there are a couple of days to clear as you say

I'm pretty hopeful that it will be a 2010, just don't want to count my chickens, not superstitious but I don't want to jinx it ;)