Tyres again.

Everything about the R for potential owners.
Pete-B
I drive a: R-Line
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box

Tyres again.

Post by Pete-B »

Having bought a Scirocco R which I absolutely love I had to convince the duchess that really, this car was made just for her, (she hates two doors with a vengeance). She's not that agile and finds it difficult in tight spots to get in but with a bit of instruction she's now learning to slide in and out with less of an effort. She's now starting to enjoy the drive (it's our first automatic) and she also enjoys the extra power for overtaking but there's just one more problem and that is, tyres! With these low profile tyres that come with the car you feel every half decent pothole with a hell of a bang and I find her swerving to miss every bump and hole which ain't good.

Being a bit of a numpty around wheels and tyres my question is, when the tyres need to be replaced is would it be possible to fit different ones other than these low profile ones or is that a stupid question?
D C
I drive a: R-Line
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box
Options: cruise, electric seat, 19"Luganos

Re: Tyres again.

Post by D C »

I'm with you all the way on this, love the car but hate the wheels, they look so good but are extremely impractical for the roads I mainly drive on.
I would think you would need to fit smaller wheels to get the result you want. I've winter wheels and tyres on for the second year running and find them much better and have far more confidence with them. They are 16 inch and work best with the suspension set to sport. Maybe 17 inch would be a good compromise if using all year round.
Dave.
Dave.