Viewing DVD's on external Hard drive

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
sid

Viewing DVD's on external Hard drive

Post by sid »

Hi,

I know DVD's cannot be viewed whislt the car is in motion, but does the same apply if you connect a Hard drive to the usb input with DVDs on the actuall hard drive?
kurre3
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: *Dynaudio & Sat Nav, Lights and vision pack with xenon lights
*Premium- and sport pack (DCC, Interlagos, alcantara seats, mats, tinted widows, cruise, winter pack, climtronic, alarm,
black roof lining & black framed air vents)
- Tyre pressaure indicator & media in

Re: Viewing DVD's on external Hard drive

Post by kurre3 »

would be intresting to know... a good reason to add "media in" to my order, in that case!
rhaleuk

Post by rhaleuk »

What would be complete brilliant is if there was a way to hack it so that video files / dvd's *could* be played whilst driving. I know, I know its wrong, but surely it must be technically possible?!
iAmbu
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Factory fit: Black Vienna leather, Dynaudio, 19" Lugano alloys

Retro-fitted: H&R springs, REVO Stage 1, OEM VW parking sensors with OPS, RNS-510 sat nav, Video In Motion, FISCON Basic Plus Bluetooth, TPMS

Post by iAmbu »

rhaleuk wrote:What would be complete brilliant is if there was a way to hack it so that video files / dvd's *could* be played whilst driving. I know, I know its wrong, but surely it must be technically possible?!
This can be done. Search this forum or Google it.
iAmbu
2.0 TDi (170) - revo - STAGE 1
sid

Post by sid »

I have searched this forum and googled but there was no info with regards to this idea, thats the reason why I posted on here, wondering if anyone had tried it.
sid

Post by sid »

I've just tried it, it doesn't work unless ofcourse i am doing something wrong, but it seems like it will only recognise mp3's on a external Hard drive, and not MPEGs. A bit crap really i think!