Flat Tyre Indicator - Question

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
wigit
Options: I used to own one

Flat Tyre Indicator - Question

Post by wigit »

dealer just informed me there has been a misbuild on my car and they have left of the FTI off and they owe me some money, I said yes about £25K as I'll reject it , I think this can be retro fitted and believe I this has been discussed on the site before
Golf 7R - Golf 7R - BMW M2
rehmondo
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Candy White
With a: DSG box
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Re: Flat Tyre Indicator - Question

Post by rehmondo »

Yes I think I read somewhere on the forum its a simple button install, if I can get Cruise retro fitted then surely this £35 option can be retro'd, instead of getting the money and then paying them to retro fit it, just get them to retro fit it the day the car arrives (for free), they'll have it a day before hand over anyways so they can do it then, clowns!
wigit

Post by wigit »

given they have registered the car in my name they are a little worried about me rejecting it given it will be a used one, i am sure they can retro fit but need to think outside of the box
rehmondo
Options: Leather • Winter • Sunroof • Cruise • DAB • Park • Tyre • Mirrors • Mats • Mudflaps • Prem Sills • Pedals • Jewelultra Diamondbrite • Bluefin Remap • Carbonio CAI • LED Pack

Post by rehmondo »

If they play the "you will lose your deposit" card, then they have no leg to stand on as they are providing a car that isn't the spec you ordered therefore you are not bound by the contract and are entitled for your money back!

At the end of the day if this is your local dealer then you want to be on good terms with them but at the same time your well within your right to reject the car but I'd wait and see what they can do for you before making those threats - last thing they want is a used car in this market therefore they may knock a lot more of than just £35 if it can't be retro'd.
wigit

Post by wigit »

they reckon it cannot be done, note andy-gti has commented on this before saying it can, i think it can but likely to cost more that £35 in terms of labour, so far its up to free tyre insurance, i said they need to sharpen their pencils and give me some of the extra bits like pedals for free, or autoglym it

irony was the gti pirelli i bought came with them and didn't have a clue they did
rehmondo

Post by rehmondo »

I didn't realise before you were the chap that bought the two cars on the same day, man those dealers should do more than just AutoGlym, it may cost you £299, but it doesn't cost them that, get from them a second set of mats (maybe rubber for the winter), the boot liner and door sills if you haven't already!
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

It can be done quite easily!

There are 4 wires, 3 of which you can use feeds from the ESP button for, at very most you will have to run a single wire to the ABS connector.

They could do it, but i they won't find a genuine VW retrofit kit like the cruise control, so they'd have to do it with parts and brain power (something dealers have in limited availabiity it seems. . . . )

I have been unable to get updated wiring diagrams to cover the scirocco specifically, but for MK5's, EOS, Tiguan etc it is simple - but it would cost the dealer more than £35 to sort, that is for sure.
paulmaddocks
In: Shadow Blue
Options: Black Leather, DAB Radio, Folidng mirrors, Parking sensors, Mats, Flat tyre indicator. Extras: Metal pedals, Boot liner, Premium Door sill trim.

Post by paulmaddocks »

Tbh I would push for the tyre indicator. It will cost far more than anything they can offer to retro fit the car if you have a tyre fault that this would identified and you had some form of serious incident. Obviously you will prob still check your tyres often anyway, but still!!!

If mine came back to me with the same, although it would kill me to wait any longer, I would push it. also, it only costs £35, it can be that hard to fit can it?
wigit

Post by wigit »

andy-gti thanks for the tech bit
Andy-GTI
Options: R

Post by Andy-GTI »

also, for info, the Button is merely a reset button for the system. It is entirely controlled by the ecu's. The warning light etc is already built into the cluster.

You can enable it with VAG-COM without any of the button wiring and it will become active on the igntion POST, and will fully function, but you wont be able to reset it quickly with the pushbutton.

Those of you with VAG-COM can get the full functionality without any wiring at all, but you'd need to reset using the laptop anytime it came on.
wigit

Post by wigit »

thanks for the help, would appear they missed it off the order given I said VW would in theory pick it up through their QA procedure, dealer has made an offer, not a great one, they have not registered the car so lets be honest can probably shift it, they have offered to reorder (but will not lend me a car given mine has been sold but who knows when that would turn up), in fairness they are exploring the retrofit issue, have said i will sleep on it, in reality will probably have it and no doubt love it, feel sorry for saleman given he has done a sterling job and in reality is not his c#ck up

friendly local dealer by my office who i spoke to this week saying sorry i ordered elsewhere and it arrives saturday was surprised to get a call saying what you got landing in the next few weeks as a deal could be done, we'll see, i'll recon i will lick my wounds and then pose :)
sir_rocco
In: Reflex Silver

Post by sir_rocco »

Why not get em to provide you with a free copy of VAG-COM then you can do everything Andy-GTi suggest plus all other functionality that VAG-COM has to offer. 8)
Taken delivery : Silver, DSG, NAV, Black Leather, Park Sensors, Winter pack.

Mods: Full Milltek, KW lowering springs,Wheel Spacers, Remapped to 258BHP, 405Nm
wigit

Post by wigit »

lovers tiff with the dealer has now been resolved after negotiation and retrofit issue has been escalated for further investigation, i'm sure when i get it the overall car experience will more than make up for it given the feedback also given petrol is down to £1 a litre, also do not want the satisfaction that they could probably shift it with my spec easily, its life span is going to be limited anyway as its going as soon as a 'r' version is available especially if its got the s3/tts engine which is a peach, full credit to the salesman and business manager at my dealer as i have no axe to grind with them, the brand manager there appears to be a c@ck, never had these on the audi and were a nice to have, looks like more money twards my bicycle fund

i will give a shout out to Herman at Citygate in High Wycombe given i phoned him yesterday (on his day off) to see if they had anything similar coming in the next 4 weeks similar (alas not all 16 weeks) who searched on my behalf and will defiantely get a shot at the 'r' and will be likely to be serviceing it for me