service indicator - 'jumped'?

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
pappasmurf
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Candy White
With a: Manual box
Options: Xenon. Black alloys

service indicator - 'jumped'?

Post by pappasmurf »

I bought my car with approx 41k on it in February.At this point it was approx 6k till the next service (on the counter). Today the car alarmed for a 'service'. Its at 43868 miles. How has this happened?
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Re: service indicator - 'jumped'?

Post by Irvysan »

The service indicator is just that, an indication. It takes into account miles to next service and the time, whichever comes first. If the car sits unused for 364 days it will say X thousand miles to next service but on day 365 it will say the service is due. (Assuming it's on the annual)

Sent from my phone
Last edited by Irvysan on Sat Sep 12, 2015 6:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
greg7728
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 160
In: Viper Green
With a: DSG box

Post by greg7728 »

This happened to me, had 2k miles to go till service then turned the key and flashed up service. Looked at the service book and it was a year since last done so it just ran out of time, counting down 12 months or mileage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
pappasmurf
I drive a: 1.4 TSI 122/125
In: Candy White
Options: Xenon. Black alloys

Post by pappasmurf »

Thanks for that. There was no service book but at my request the garage got a duplicate and marked up the services that were logged. They apparently serviced it in Jan 15. If they did, they haven't reset it :crazy: