LED light Bulbs/Kit

Technical discussion such as Bluetooth, Sat-Nav, iPods, tyres, brakes, all that kind of stuff.
Guest2
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box

LED light Bulbs/Kit

Post by Guest2 »

Hey Guys,

Thanks to the guides and photos on this forum i changed all my interior bulbs to LED ones. I also did the exterior side lights and rear number plates.

However:

1) Side lights seem a little Blue! i don't have Xenon lights on my Scirocco, just standard lights, so i upgraded my bulbs to 120% brighter Bosch ones. I know they won't ever be LED bright but the bottom side lights just look a little strange. The old ones look yellow and these really don't look pure white. Any recommendations for white LED's? I tried them elsewhere and they shone white, so maybe its the tint of the transparent side light glass?

2) Rear Number plate bulbs started flickering after 1000miles. Didn't cost much so im not annoyed. I was thinking of upgrading to the ones in the holder instead of buying just bulbs. Will this add to reliability? any feedback on these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2x-24-LED-Lic ... 5d5c2a98ef" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers :)