Security

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Stejay21
I drive a: Scirocco R
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box

Security

Post by Stejay21 »

Hi

I'm looking to purchase my first Scirocco, likely towards the end of the year and until then I continue to build my knowledge.

It’s unfortunate to hear of cars being stolen or broken into for their Sat Nav systems and so I will be looking to enhance the security in an attempt to reduce the risk.

So far with help from this site, it seems that the following are recommended:

Bear Lock
Enhanced Protection Glazing (EPG)
Remap (PIN protection)
GPS Tracking

Does anybody have any other suggestions of comments on the above?

Cheers,
Ste
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra
With a: DSG box

Re: Security

Post by Roy_01 »

You could disable the key cilinders behind the covers of the doorhandle.
So they cant put a master key in it. I filled them up with aluminium foil.
And maybe a aftermarket alarm is an option. Not controlled by the canbus system.
Irvysan
I drive a: R-Line
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Roy_01 wrote:You could disable the key cilinders behind the covers of the doorhandle.
So they cant put a master key in it. I filled them up with aluminium foil.
And maybe a aftermarket alarm is an option. Not controlled by the canbus system.
Might sound a stupid question but how do you access the cylinder for the key? I can't see an obvious way to open mine and don't want to force it

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Post by Cuprabob »

There is a plastic cover you prise off to access the lock in the driver's door. There is a gap your key fits into to assist prising it off.

Before disabling it's functionality, consider what you would do if the keyfob fails.
Last edited by Cuprabob on Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Irvysan
In: Ultra Violet
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

Cheers I will take a closer look in the daytime

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
old n grey
In: Indium Grey
Options: Power fold mirrors, Cruise control

Post by old n grey »

Before disabling it's functionality, consider what you would do if the keyfob fails.[/quote]

My thoughts exactly. Its one thing preventing theft, but not at the expense of your ability to get into your own car! Twice on my old roc the key-fob didn't work, I think due to some sort of local interference and my only way into the car was by flipping off the covers and using the key.