Switching Lights for european use..

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
B_Wills22
I drive a: R-Line
In: Oryx White
With a: DSG box
Options: Bi-xenon Headlights
Keyless Entry
Black Lugano 19'
Cruise Control

Switching Lights for european use..

Post by B_Wills22 »

I pick up my new Scirocco next week and i have added the Bi-xenon Headlights on to the car.
I will be using it a lot in Europe as i work quite a lot out there, and was wondering if anyone could tell me about the feature where you switch the lights to the correct side of the road for use in Europe?

Is there a way of doing this in the car on the computer, or is there a switch etc? Can't find any information on it via google. A heads up would be much appreciated!

Cheers :yes:
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Re: Switching Lights for european use..

Post by Roy_01 »

Don't know if this works for you but its called traveling mode. It lowers the headlights (because of the sloped beam to light up the area on the side the road).

With vcds try:

Code:
[09 – Cent. Elect.]
[Coding - 07] -> Long Coding Helper -> Byte 4
Bit 6 - Travel Mode (0 = inactive) Change Bit 0 to 1

After that it must be selectable in the instrument panel.
Irvysan
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

I have a headlight height adjuster next to the light selector which in the manual says is for euro adjustment so it depends if your car has this or not.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Roy_01
I drive a: 2.0 TDI 140
In: Sumatra

Post by Roy_01 »

Irvysan wrote:I have a headlight height adjuster next to the light selector which in the manual says is for euro adjustment so it depends if your car has this or not.

Xenon is leveled by a incline sensor. The levelwheel inside the car Isn't present.
Irvysan
In: Ultra Violet
With a: Manual box
Options: MY15 2.0TDi (150PS), 90% rear tint, Electric folding mirrors, Vienna leather, RNS315.

Retro Fitted : LOTS of plasticky bits from china and well since I ran out of characters for this bit look here : http://www.sciroccocentral.co.uk/forum/ ... 13&t=19967

Post by Irvysan »

If above doesn't work on your car try :

The 4F0-910-357 modules (which I think comes on cars equipped with Bi-Xenons) does support a a 'Tourist Solution' in Adaptation Channel 10: 0=Disabled (normal), 1=Enabled (use when driving on the opposite side of the road from your home country).

Or your dealer will change it for you, not ideal if you are changing constantly so you may have to invest in a VCDS cable if you don't have an option on the MFD. Or ask the good people at Ross-tech.

Also there MAY be a switch on the back of the headlight.

Or just ask the dealer ?? [emoji3]