Hello from me & a few Q's!!

Talk about general things related to the new VW Scirocco in here.
Guest2
I drive a: GT 2.0 TSI
In: Reflex Silver
With a: DSG box

Hello from me & a few Q's!!

Post by Guest2 »

Hey guys... I have been an avid reader of this forum for a few months whilst i looked for my Scirocco so decided to join and hope to meet a few of you and contribute. (hopefully i have put a few pics on the showing on your ride section, if i figure out how to do it!!)

So,i took the plunge and bought a 2008, 2.0 TSI DSG. Great car and loving owning her. I have just arrived in Portugal after driving her over here. 2 weeks holidays and then driving back to the UK. They seem quite rare and have only seen a handful in most of Europe. They turn heads too! Lovely comfortable drive over here. Very good GT car actually.

So, a few questions for you all!

* I read somewhere that 3k revs is 80mph for the 2ltr. is this right? i am on 90mph at 3k revs. would this indicate a remap?

* MPG is ok ish. You guys who get 40mpg must be feathering it loads! i get 35mpg at around 85mph on cruise control on long motorway trips. Town mpg is in its 20's. sound ok?

* I work away as a teacher most of the year and come back to the UK for xmas,easter and summer. I was going to store her in my garage for the other times. Any advice? will she be ok in storage?any extra things i should do since she is a DSG?iv not owned a car like this before so any tips are welcome.

I think that is all. Thanks for your time and look forward to chatting to some of you

:) :)
Last edited by Guest2 on Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave7692
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Deep Black
With a: DSG box

Re: Hello from me & a few Q's!!

Post by Dave7692 »

Hi, the car looks great,

VW have a 12 year corrosion warranty, take it to them and they'll take paint depth readings etc to make sure its genuine paint (i.e. it hasn't been hit/patched before) and if it is then they should repair the rust free of charge (if you kick up enough fuss).

They've had to do loads and loads of MK5 golfs so there's loads of cases on the internet, if you look on the MK5GTIForum they're a 50+ page thread full of people who have had their wings replaced free of charge and it itemises how the process works.

As for the DSG, all I can recommend is that you get the Oil/Filter changed every 40k miles as recommended by VW to keep it running sweet.
Cuprabob
I drive a: GT 2.0 TDI 170/184
In: Rising Blue
With a: Manual box
Options: Panoramic Roof, 19" Black Luganos, Vienna Leather, Parking Sensors, DAB, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Cruise, Folding Mirrors, Xenons

Re: Hello from me & a few Q's!!

Post by Cuprabob »

2) Gearing is fixed by the ratio of 6th gear, final drive ratio and the rolling radius of the wheel / tyre. It is fixed and is not changed by mapping